• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Anyone from Geekrack listening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day #24 - see if you can guess the next bit.

Already on it Cameron :wink2:

And little fact of the day - the 2 posts curently about this and the other issue stats from a little earlier;

Anyone from Geekrack listening?
Posts 199
Views 4,265

TheHosted
Posts 70
Views 1,106

Oi Craig, are you dead? :p

Last edited:
Please sue them decker, I want to see this company die.
So sick of hearing about them from everyone,
And the ----- just posted a offer the other day on WHT, Not suprising they have avoided FWS though.
She is very very gutless, A fake...
I am sad with myself for believing she wasn't.

Haha, I can SO see this turning into a soap....

@ Decker, get a lawyer and Sue their ---, it'll save it from happening again :D
not sure what international laws are in place for him to be able to sue her. anyone know anything about this? i still think that suing for something this little is just a waste of time and money, might be better to cut the losses and move on.
Please sue them decker, I want to see this company die.
So sick of hearing about them from everyone,
And the ----- just posted a offer the other day on WHT, Not suprising they have avoided FWS though.
She is very very gutless, A fake...
I am sad with myself for believing she wasn't.
i am not even going to get started on this. it was a little harsh to say that though. the only thing i will say is that both gr and decker screwed up, but, when it comes to something like this, IMO, customer is always right, or this is what happens.

also, the matter of Shequeita posting Deckers full name, IMO, really isnt a big deal. I know there are a fair amount of people here that already know his full name, especially if you have him on your gtalk list. it is not like it had hist address, and phone number or anything like that. no, it should not have been posted, but, at the same time, i think it is being made a bigger deal that it should be.

not sure what international laws are in place for him to be able to sue her. anyone know anything about this? i still think that suing for something this little is just a waste of time and money, might be better to cut the losses and move on.

i believe it's more than just a few emails being sent. it's not just Decker involved.

MCT, why are you covering for her? She and her "Company" are complete failures and Decker, SHOULD sue GR. They screwed up. Not Decker IMO.

Apparently, this is being looked into at the moment, it's a breach of export contract as an invisible (service) import to the UK.
This means it would go through the UK Foreign Office (Trade Department) to the US Federal Governments Trade Department.

If this is the case it would then be a felony offence and if proven allows a suit to be filed for full and complete losses, including reputation, loss of income and several other considerations. Not including whatever sentence for the offence would be issued.

As the company has failed to return communications it may be taken as fraudulent trading or any mix of other charges, and worse our lawyer recons the IRS would automatically get involved (which I hear is scarier than the Feds).

MCT, why are you covering for her? She and her "Company" are complete failures and Decker, SHOULD sue GR. They screwed up. Not Decker IMO.

not covering for anyone Dan, just stating my opinion and facts. both parties messed up, but, i still believe Decker should be taken care of. i think suing is a little extreme, but, that is just my opinion. for such a small dollar amount, i just believe it is better to cut losses and that it will cost a lot of money to pursue this matter in court. i just think this has gotten out of control and maybe it would be better to just walk away from it. that is all.

not covering for anyone Dan, just stating my opinion and facts. both parties messed up, but, i still believe Decker should be taken care of. i think suing is a little extreme, but, that is just my opinion. for such a small dollar amount, i just believe it is better to cut losses and that it will cost a lot of money to pursue this matter in court. i just think this has gotten out of control and maybe it would be better to just walk away from it. that is all.

As Decker pointed out above, it's more than "just a few dollars" it's Reputation, etc.

as far as i know, and i could be wrong, but, the only thing that makes any sense to be able to sue for would be that he was neglected. i dont believe that would constitute as a felony or carry any jail time, and i think this matter is a little smaller than a lot of people have made it out to be. also, GR rep has already been hurt a lot in this matter.

GR rep has already been hurt a lot in this matter.

Just wait until the IRS gets involved -- they don't know hurt LOL

With the IRS you are guilty until you prove yourself innocent...

I don't think it is the point of money or reputation it is the point they shouldn't get away with it. If you don't take action against them -- they will not stop they will continue to do what they do.

Good luck Decker.

So has Decker's, where it should not have.

not saying it wasnt. i just think that this is all a little "overboard". Just my opinion though. i personally have nothing against GR or Decker, and i would really like to see this resolved, but, in a better manner preferably.

Being honest bud. Decker tried to resolve this in an orderly manner but GR failed to comply. So, basically, if it were me, I would have started criminal action a long time ago. I think Decker has been more than patient.

i never said they didnt fail to comply or that he hasnt been patient. i just think suing is over the top. like i said, it is just my opinion, and i think both should go separate ways and cut any losses on either end. doenst mean that is what he will do, or even agree, just what i would do my self.

and i think both should go separate ways and cut any losses on either end.

In simple money terms my losses are larger than the cost of the VPS, I'm having to recompense clients, as I do offer guarentees. Why I'm so dissapointed that in putting my trust in Geekrack I have risked my clients and my money way over and above.

And that's just the money side, to try and regain the trust and reputation I have spent many years building is going to take one hell of a time and effort on my part - who pays for that too?

Unfortunately hosts say 'we don't take any responsibility for anything' is a bit of a wild stab at real legal terms and conditions of trading as there are always liabilities and when false advertising, breaches of TOS & Privacy/Data Security occur they are fully liable.

Hiding from the issue can not help in any way and so the legal system has to kick in and cost everybody time and money well outside anything a mutual agreement would have. Just look at a divorce - you agree and split everything and are still able to talk in the street, you get the lawyers involved and it all goes to hell, but that is if it's either a last resort or if it's malicious.

So far I've kept calm about it but can no longer sit and wait for the inevitable nothing happening. So fortunately I know legal professionals who do know international and trade law. Now it's a short waiting game to find out what the recommended path will be to save me anymore hassle - however much it causes Geekrack.

Too many companies hope that unfortunately. There is a principal involved here.
that is true.
In simple money terms my losses are larger than the cost of the VPS, I'm having to recompense clients, as I do offer guarentees. Why I'm so dissapointed that in putting my trust in Geekrack I have risked my clients and my money way over and above.
can you not just get a vps elsewhere to keep from having to refund clients? not saying you should have to, just curious. i would rather not see you lose money in that fashion. i wish i had a simple solution to give you bro, but, i just dont. i still say both parties made mistakes, but, this is just getting old. almost a month later, and still dealing with this is just terrible.

can you not just get a vps elsewhere to keep from having to refund clients?

Yes, and where's the up to date data to put on it, oh that's right it got deleted (apparently) due to Geekrack delays. This is one part I'm having to rebuild from scratch with the client costing me dearly (in time, money and health), I had trusted (there we go again, silly me trusting my host) the VPS backup to be available, as it's either stored offserver or in an outside VPS location for restore purposes, at least but no - gone! Everything deleted without ever contacting us about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back