• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

an MP3 host

Guess again

Originally posted by Dusty
I was under the impression that virtually the entire planet had RealPlayer.

Therein lies the problem...Real audio has a horrible reputation for sounding bad...The most popular files are still wav's and mp3's with Real files hardly being used at all. :D

I think most sound files are copyright infringments regardless of the format because the sounds/songs are ripped off and distributed without paying royalties.

However...it seems to me it's against the law only if you're turning a profit off of someone else's property or using it for self-promotion. In other words...free distribution is allowed.

Why discriminate against just one format if they're all doing the same thing? The prob is find a host for the mp3...which is the title of this thread.

Last edited:
Originally posted by LeX
You just told us all how to sign up.Of course there is such a thing. It's the abuse of MP3s that got people to think that they're illegal, and while most MP3s are illegal, MP3s in general is not.

If he'd tell you, you won't have it for very long anyways:

** SHUTTING DOWN FREE HOSTING SERVICE **

Thank you for using our free hosting service. However, due to
bandwidth and server costs, it is no longer feasible to provide
free webspace to all.

As such, we are shutting down the free hosting on December 1st,
2001. You should retrieve any needed files before that date. All
accounts, files, and data will be deleted on the first of
December.

...Yes I know have to sign up too. But it'll close infive days so I don't see any reason to..

Last edited:
Originally posted by zoobie
I have realplayer (it's a big clunker)...but only because it came with my Wal-mart (AOL) ISP and it's needed to open it without a prompt.

Winamp is the #1 player I thought...but if I'm wrong (it's happened before ;) ), maybe I'll consider realplayer seeing as I already have it.

Question: If I did use ram files, would the lame player try to pop up and play it...or could I call on the file without the player popping up and just have the sound effect play?

ya you could do that,.. you would have to change the opperator,.. i dont even remember how to do it anymore, its been to long,..

Geocities isn't that slow really... 70kb/s can be quite common, and I am in the UK, that isn't close to the servers.

asiansinc.com

the signup doesn't work, i found it--but no avail. thx Trenz for the whatever hosting "hint" (/n...c..)

Back