• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

About Lytenhost

Status
Not open for further replies.
HostFrog said:
But to shut a website off or suspend...is just not good business practice...could be wrong though

Trust me its good practice, i had shut down one site and still awaiting the users response or queries as why it was shut down and most probably he knows thats why he is not asking why his site shut down. But when u have account like that which is sending bulk mails and filling ur mail queues with 1000 mails every 2 hrs than i doubt u would not wait for getting it corrected but would rather suspend it if u care about other customers.

a1whs.com said:
Trust me its good practice, i had shut down one site and still awaiting the users response or queries as why it was shut down and most probably he knows thats why he is not asking why his site shut down. But when u have account like that which is sending bulk mails and filling ur mail queues with 1000 mails every 2 hrs than i doubt u would not wait for getting it corrected but would rather suspend it if u care about other customers.

I have to disagree shuting down clients sites is not a good practice
what if your client has been with you sence day one would you
still shut his site down? Or would you send him or her a email informing
them of the problem.

I have never shut any clients site down for what every reason
Remember word of mouth is what brings in new clients.

Lets just say for example your clients has not payed for his or her hosting
account with you would you just shut there account down just like that?
or would you send them a email informing them of renewing

Last edited:
Hmm... still no response from Micheal. Thats slightly strange...

Anyway, I have always believed Lytenhost to be a good, reputable company. Im sure they'll resolve this with you soon :).

X3r0X said:
Hmm... still no response from Micheal. Thats slightly strange...

Anyway, I have always believed Lytenhost to be a good, reputable company. Im sure they'll resolve this with you soon :).

Hello my friend I am sure there a reputable service
but! sometimes we don't always make the right choice's in all matters.
Thats my point sometimes we as providers jump the gun

a1whs.com said:

I am not going to attempt to get into a heated debate with anyone about this matter. Just simply said, that our company would NOT suspend a customer for excessive resource useage, fees would be charged as compliant to our TOS. We would however TERMINATE accounts due to spam, if it is not seen as spam, then account would obviously get charged our fees for excessive resource usage.

Hello all,

Sorry for such a late reply. aqui_c was contacted by us and his account is and was not terminated. He was asked to contact us which has not has happened.

As for the 24/7 support, we make no promises of such. We do however, have an option where email contact is available 24/7.

About the concerns of suspension of a resource *abusive/intensive* user, the server is a *shared* web server, what one client does can obviously ruin it for the others especially if their website is generating CPU loads over 10.00 on a dual xeon web server... Users must be contained (Not terminated, which we could have done according to our terms of service) to not interrupt the stability of all other clients.

aqui_c, if you feel that email isnt enough in this matter please feel free to contact me via phone to get this matter resolved.. Please PM me for the phone number.

Michael was very helpful when I talked to him last. He made me a custom plan and everything! :)

I am starting a new host and I have purchased one of his resellers. I am looking forward to having a very reliable host. Keep up the good work, Michael! :D

Server loads of over 10.0! On a Dual Xeon, someone must have been really really loving the CPU juice :p. Glad to see you posted, and its being/has been rectified :).

For the record, I do believe, you have no choice, BUT to suspend the faulty account otherwise it's not fair to the multiple other users...

But, in the past, I've worked with them to resolve WHY it was happening... I'm sure LytenHost will do the same.

But again, I disagree on "not suspending" the account.

Serverextreme said:
I have to disagree shuting down clients sites is not a good practice
what if your client has been with you sence day one would you
still shut his site down? Or would you send him or her a email informing
them of the problem.

I have never shut any clients site down for what every reason
Remember word of mouth is what brings in new clients.

Lets just say for example your clients has not payed for his or her hosting
account with you would you just shut there account down just like that?
or would you send them a email informing them of renewing

Shutting down clients is essential if they're abusing your system. It's how you handle the process that's important.

The guy who intentionally abuses the system will most probably know he's going to get shutdown and has probably already prepared his next victim host. The guy who's code has gone wrong will probably be an excellent sales lead if you help him to resolve it.

Just depends on how well you know your customer and what level you want to interract with them.

I contacted Lytenhost via PM now... let's see if they respond. I don't want my account back, i just want to make a backup and change the index so people can know what is going on.
I would be nice if the host could recognize that i was without service for 3 days because of a problem with their communications.

aqui_c said:
The excessive usage of server recurses could have been my fault. I really don't know. I was hosting some forums all together. That could be my problem.
But, I accept that they have blocked my account because I was violating some terms. What i cannot accept is that they leave me without answers for tooooooo long time!
this is what they told me

I have already contacted them (2 days ago) but still is now answer to work towards a solution

Well I have to say, their explanation to you is pretty lame. There is no proof/reasons included.

It should explain the exact root source cause of the problem (if they are capable of detecting it!) and they should be helping you correct the problem if possible.

I sympathize with you at this point.

James

James said:
Well I have to say, their explanation to you is pretty lame. There is no proof/reasons included.

It should explain the exact root source cause of the problem (if they are capable of detecting it!) and they should be helping you correct the problem if possible.

I sympathize with you at this point.

James
correct! i agreed with james. Its totally goes to the shared hosting owner, if he cant detect then the question comes that why he is running a shared hosting business.

Regards

GoodDay All,

With respect to Lyten I faced the EXACT same problem before owning my hosting company iiPanel, they actually suspended my account without any notification and the reason was because I was using alot of resources according to what they told me. Moreover, no solution was given to me so it was kinda forcing me to leave.

No offence to LytenHost, Michael is a nice person and everyone knows that, but I just have to say you need to adjust the process of account's termination.

Many Thanks,

Wassouf
iiPanel.NET

hostfrog - this isn't implying anything but I wanted to say this anyway.
If it becomes the norm for hosts to charge when users break cpu usage limits ect... surely untrustworthy companys will start exploting this and charging ridiculous amounts or your account is terminated.
My datacenter did this to me on my server, and I can tell you, it's a real downer.
I'm sure someone like you would use this sensibly, simply to stop people abusing your server on purpose or make people more carefull to check their scripts for mistakes before crashing your server.
However, I'll wager that some hosts would abuse this, credit to you for not.

Hm, that's interesting why you didn't get any response for so long time, because this is the answer which was sent from Lytenhost to one software company:

"We offer email, support desk, live chat, instant messengers and emergency phone support. Or response time is usually under 20 minutes but we offer a scope of a few hours or less."

Last edited:
needlehost said:
hostfrog - this isn't implying anything but I wanted to say this anyway.
If it becomes the norm for hosts to charge when users break cpu usage limits ect... surely untrustworthy companys will start exploting this and charging ridiculous amounts or your account is terminated.
My datacenter did this to me on my server, and I can tell you, it's a real downer.
I'm sure someone like you would use this sensibly, simply to stop people abusing your server on purpose or make people more carefull to check their scripts for mistakes before crashing your server.
However, I'll wager that some hosts would abuse this, credit to you for not.

Your right, and that is VERY sad that individuals do this...again going back to all my posts about hosting providers that are not really providers. You are so correct though. I wish everyone would put this together, honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back