• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

About Lytenhost

Status
Not open for further replies.

aqui_c

I purchased an account with Lytenhost.
Everything worked OK untill they blocked my account because I was using too much server resources. I can (perhaps) understand It. What I cannot understand is why they say that offer 24/7 support when actually they offer at most 2/7. They only reply to e-mail's in a determined period of day. I worte at 8 am (GMT-3) saying how can I do to at least be able to leave a message to my users. They answered too late, and I receive that message at 8am (1 day after!) And they didn't answered my question.
So, i wrote again, and i suppose i will get an answer at 8 am tomorrow... so 2 complete days of hosting where lost.

You should ALWAYS read any hosts TOU. Am not saying LT host is a bad host because I know there not.

JesseGraham said:
Yes I Agree!....

You'r two cents... or maybe two dimes!

Even tought he might be suspended on legal basis, the hostmaster has the responsability to give them the support he claims to have (24/7) and at least give them a solution or some time to find another host.

sorry about my english, I'm a little sleepy :knockedou

aqui_c said:
Everything worked OK untill they blocked my account because I was using too much server resources. I can (perhaps) understand It. What I cannot understand is why they say that offer 24/7 support when actually they offer at most 2/7. They only reply to e-mail's in a determined period of day. I worte at 8 am (GMT-3) saying how can I do to at least be able to leave a message to my users. They answered too late, and I receive that message at 8am (1 day after!) And they didn't answered my question.
So, i wrote again, and i suppose i will get an answer at 8 am tomorrow... so 2 complete days of hosting where lost.

Are you surprised that your site would use such resources?

Does your site have anything/factors which should be causing such a load?

What was their full explanation and root cause of the problem? It's possible that it's not fault of your site, but that your site is being attacked on a small, kiddie scale.

Is it suspended temporarily by them? Or did they boot you off completely?
Is it possible it's just a script that can be tweaked?

Certain scripts are just too intensive, I've had users experience it and a little googling around usually finds an upgrade/patch/or alternative to the faulty script.

The excessive usage of server recurses could have been my fault. I really don't know. I was hosting some forums all together. That could be my problem.
But, I accept that they have blocked my account because I was violating some terms. What i cannot accept is that they leave me without answers for tooooooo long time!
this is what they told me
Hello,

Your website akiadult.com has been found to be in violation of our terms of service under the section of Resource Usage.

Your website has been generating more CPU,Memory and mySQL usage than normally allowed on our shared web services. Since you are being hosted on a shared web server we have to maintain a fairness level as what you do with your account can affect all other clients on this web server.

As of now we have suspended your web hosting account and you MUST contact us to have it unsuspended so that we can resolve this slight issue.

Thank you for your time and your cooperation.

Kind Regards,
LytenHost Abuse Team

I have already contacted them (2 days ago) but still is now answer to work towards a solution

57 Clients? That's an hours time.... He hasn't posted here since the 25th, any thing could be going on... definately not the norm though.

Well cause it was his clients not his freinds clients. So maybe he gave up on hosting or something. Dunno.

aqui_c said:

I don't think that any web hosting provider should block or suspend an account for using excessive resources, why not just charge....if billing information is on file? But I guess people would complain about that aswell since hardly anyone reads TOS, AUP, or SLA

I'll suspend an account breaking the Resources listed in my TOS.
However I will work with the customer to figure out why it's happening, test it, fix it, and then re-enable.
Unless of course it's deliberate.

HostFrog said:
I don't think that any web hosting provider should block or suspend an account for using excessive resources, why not just charge....if billing information is on file? But I guess people would complain about that aswell since hardly anyone reads TOS, AUP, or SLA

It's not my problem, as the business, that the customer didn't read the TOS. I make it very clear, by signing up for an account, you agree to my TOS. If you break them, I do what I choose. I'm not willing to lose many customers for server issues, than one customer for causing them.

Kommercial said:
It's not my problem, as the business, that the customer didn't read the TOS. I make it very clear, by signing up for an account, you agree to my TOS. If you break them, I do what I choose. I'm not willing to lose many customers for server issues, than one customer for causing them.

Correct, as stated. We have alot of customers that are resource hogs, sometmes not even meaning to. I would rather charge the customer, than have downtime for that client that could bring in more business by word of mouth. This is what a Terms of Service, Acceptable Use Policy and so on and so fourth is written up. Not only to protect legally, but added fees for such situation, etc.

I think Hostfrog, is correct blocking your site like that is telling me
there service cannot be trusted, if your telling people you give 24/7
support and it's taking them two days to get back to you thats not right.
Your paying for a hosting service you can't even use...How long have you been
with them? If you just signed up I would ask them for your money back and move to another host..

This is true, however LytenHost from what I hear is a decent provider. I have read reviews on them on various directories. I think it all boils down to someone not reading the TOS and abiding by the LAW :p But to shut a website off or suspend...is just not good business practice...could be wrong though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back