• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

About Lytenhost

Status
Not open for further replies.
HostFrog said:
Your right, and that is VERY sad that individuals do this...again going back to all my posts about hosting providers that are not really providers. You are so correct though. I wish everyone would put this together, honestly.
sorry for that spamm on your site

hostfinder4u said:
sorry for that spamm on your site

That is okay, we just have a real strict policy on spam, even with our community. I do hope that you come back to our community to interact with our current members. You can put your company name in your signature however.

HostFrog said:
That is okay, we just have a real strict policy on spam, even with our community. I do hope that you come back to our community to interact with our current members. You can put your company name in your signature however.

trying to do a big advertisement free site like freewebspace.net just leting people know but hey we opened yesterday at 9:00pm i woul'd like for you to work there as a admin or mod i love your proffesional point of view on everything.

hostfinder4u said:
trying to do a big advertisement free site like freewebspace.net just leting people know but hey we opened yesterday at 9:00pm i woul'd like for you to work there as a admin or mod i love your proffesional point of view on everything.

Thank you for your kind comments. However, I am currently employed by HostFrog and wouldn't leave them for the world. Besides with my workload they have me do just on the few forums we are on, pretty much takes up my day and night.

iiPanel said:
GoodDay All,

With respect to Lyten I faced the EXACT same problem before owning my hosting company iiPanel, they actually suspended my account without any notification and the reason was because I was using alot of resources according to what they told me. Moreover, no solution was given to me so it was kinda forcing me to leave.

No offence to LytenHost, Michael is a nice person and everyone knows that, but I just have to say you need to adjust the process of account's termination.

Many Thanks,

Wassouf
iiPanel.NET

I was also with lytenhost, i got suspended because of resource usage as well though i wasnt notified he replied to me in less then an hour which was great and got the problem fixed, lytenhost no doubt is a great host ^^ though they cud use with more support pplz as sometimes they take a day to reply

Marki said:
I was also with lytenhost, i got suspended because of resource usage as well though i wasnt notified he replied to me in less then an hour which was great and got the problem fixed, lytenhost no doubt is a great host ^^ though they cud use with more support pplz as sometimes they take a day to reply
Michael is on top of that already ;).

And does that guy ^^ know about the client sales been made by micheal (hmm is he a guy or a chick ?)

Marki said:

A great host is consistent and fair on how they deal with support/abuse.

The problem with small hosts in my experience, has always been - treating each client of yours differently, why should you be responded on an abuse query within the hour and the thread starter, 24 hours later?

And I think it is very interesting that Lyten has so many clients booted because of this "resource usage abuse". I doubt all these clients were hardly, intentionally abusing their hosting.

Acceptable Resource Usage : All clients are to adhere to a realistic resource usage, though we offer types of unlimited/unmetered features and services there shall not be any abuse of these features or services within any account hosted by us. We hold the right to deem acceptable resource usage.

Can anybody find a more detailed section of their policies about their "Resource usage rules"?

I always kept my P4 servers under 1, so I'm wondering how you guys {Not exactly sure who said it} can let a dual xeon go above 10. :p

utcrazy said:
I always kept my P4 servers under 1, so I'm wondering how you guys {Not exactly sure who said it} can let a dual xeon go above 10. :p

I would say that, even a very busy site will not cause a dual xeon load over 2 units.

If above 10, it's so much more likely to be an attack or a crappy script having trouble, more than "Client using too much resources". Even if I wanted to use such resources on a dual xeon server, i don't know how I would achieve it on my own?

In some ways however, I understand Lyten's position - their low end plans are amazingly cheap, and an intelligent guess would be most of their customers are on their cheapest plans. They obviously have to keep low server loads with lots of sites. So understandably they are seemingly over-strict on resources usage. But this should be specified somewhere.

On a bigger scale, this is how Dreamhost operates.

utcrazy said:

Common mistake, people make, it's not the CHIP that is the workhorse in webhosting...

"I want a Dual P4 Server!"

--Why? It's not going to actually save you from bad customers. :p

Lets define acceptable resource usage here. What is the norm for a shared account and what is not? How many apache processes an account is allowed to spawn and how many sql threads is one allowed?

Obviously, some users don't fully understand the scope of their websites and believe that it can run on shared hosting forever with a small price. But in reality that is not true, depending on the site, visitors, traffic etc.

The types of sites that are suspended/terminated for usage abuse are usually sites that have 100+ blogs under one domain, sites that host several nearly busy or busy forums freely and of course the sites that are just plain and simply either written poorly or are an abusive script.

On an ending note, the thread poster's website has been unsuspended and he is able to resume normal usage of his web hosting (With further logging with screenshots), we will also give him a 3 day credit for the delays that he encountered.

Thanks for the kind and challenging words guys, they all help in one way or another :). Have a good weekend!

But natrually, the people that use a 10.0 server load on a P4 are usually spamming. We had some problems with this. When their accounts were suspended, they never questioned, because they knew what they were doing.

LYT-Michael said:
Lets define acceptable resource usage here. What is the norm for a shared account and what is not? How many apache processes an account is allowed to spawn and how many sql threads is one allowed?

Obviously, some users don't fully understand the scope of their websites and believe that it can run on shared hosting forever with a small price. But in reality that is not true, depending on the site, visitors, traffic etc.

The types of sites that are suspended/terminated for usage abuse are usually sites that have 100+ blogs under one domain, sites that host several nearly busy or busy forums freely and of course the sites that are just plain and simply either written poorly or are an abusive script.

On an ending note, the thread poster's website has been unsuspended and he is able to resume normal usage of his web hosting (With further logging with screenshots), we will also give him a 3 day credit for the delays that he encountered.

Thanks for the kind and challenging words guys, they all help in one way or another :). Have a good weekend!

So, are you saying that anyone hosting a busy forum is in trouble of account termination? We all know that forums use resources, but to suspend them for forum usage is just a little absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back