• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

A Gift To Blank Verse

Yeah, murderball is really ----ed up, did you see the docu yet Gayo? I haven't, myself

NO, I've not seen it. I saw a review of it in the paper though, and it looked like it was worth watching. I'd watch it anyways just because I've always wanted to see someone in a wheelchair crash or tip over.

I too have been waiting to see the documentary. It's hard not to when you see an ad for it with a bunch of paraplegics whipping things at each other and acting tough. The only thing that would make it better is if they had midget referees.

All Aussie Rules Football players where is a pair of shorts and sleveless guernsey. No padding there, and tackling is a big part of the game.

Exhibit A - AFL Player:
http://home.iprimus.com.au/petercp/temp/buckley2003_1.jpg

Sure, it might not be two fat f*cks charging at each other, but players certainly make a tackle stick. That is why, IMHO, AFL is the greatest game on earth. Strength, Agility, Pace, Skill, No Padding... Gotta love it.

Exhibit B - Player with broken collarbone being charged:
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,1658,430327,00.jpg

bozley05 said:
All Aussie Rules Football players where is a pair of shorts and sleveless guernsey. No padding there, and tackling is a big part of the game.

Exhibit A - AFL Player:
http://home.iprimus.com.au/petercp/temp/buckley2003_1.jpg

Sure, it might not be two fat f*cks charging at each other, but players certainly make a tackle stick. That is why, IMHO, AFL is the greatest game on earth. Strength, Agility, Pace, Skill, No Padding... Gotta love it.

That uniform looks so gay. Sports in the U.S. is extremely big and brings in a large amount of money every year. In saying that, the players are extremely important to the game, that is why 1) they are paid so much (xx millions) and 2) they are protected. We can't have them hurt (they still get paid!)

bozley05 said:
You should have seen the shorts they wore in the 80's... Fortunately I can't find any.

I own some. :) they're red with a white stripe.

I think it is a shame how most major sports are all about the money. but I guess that's the way she goes.

Sidney Crosby better come to Montreal damnit.. 1 in 42 chance of getting here GOGOGOGOG!!!!111ONEONETWO

Daniel said:
Sidney Crosby better come to Montreal damnit.. 1 in 42 chance of getting here GOGOGOGOG!!!!111ONEONETWO
That kid has some talent... saw him play back in February when the Oceanic were in town, and I must say, not too shabby.

Bruce, that's certainly the understatement of the year :p He's allegedly the next Gretzky (which, admittedly, is a bullshit claim, because there will never be another Gretzky). There hasn't been this much hype about a player entering the draft since Mario Lemieux. It's kinda like the LeBron James situation on ice.

Anyway, as far as Crosby goes...I'm sure he'll end up in the States. There is going to be some deal making I think, and rightfully so. Crosby is going to be a huge marketing commodity, and the game does not need to be sold in Canada. It's the USA where hockey has taken a huge hit. Bringing a guy like Crosby to a big US market on a rebuilding team is the perfect place for Crosby. Somewhere like Chicago would probably be ideal. I too would love to see him on Montreal or Calgary, but I'd like to see the game survive as well. The worst day ever is when the Edmonton Oilers traded Gretzky away to the LA Kings, but in the end, that did big things for the game stateside. Ironically, that's where the game needs to thrive for the NHL to survive.

Last edited:
Ahhh... its so nice to hear hockey names again. I kinda got obsessed with Mario Lemiux at one stage, that on NHL on PS2, I recruited him into my team and created two custom players called Mario Lemiux. So I had a line that was 3 x Lemiux (L-C-R) and me and Joe Sakic in defence, coz there was no where else to play him.

BTW, has anyone heard the Wayne Gretzky song on the Goldfinger "open your eyes" CD, really cool.

Gayowulf said:
Wayne Gretzky's daughter is attractive. She's my first draft pick if you know what I mean.
No, I do not know what you mean. Could you please explain in the greatest of detail?

Dude, she is 16... 21 - 16 = 5 years... It just might be me, but I think that is wrong when the girl is a "minor".

I don't even think she's 16 yet. Regardless, I'm planning now to be there when she's 18. I want Wayne Gretzky to be the grandfather of my children.

How did we go from the NHL strike ending, to a countdown of when Gretzky's daughter is ripe for picking ?

Man. You guys are awful.

Hey, I'm not like this normally. I'm perving with good intentions. I want my kids to have skills.

Because honestly, Wayne's wife is hot enough as it is, and there's no age concern there. I'd sooner hit on her :p

OK, yes, we're awful.

Back