• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

A Gift To Blank Verse

yes, I heard about this yesterday.

It is great news for hockey fans... I'll drink to it.

Last edited:
REally, I never heard?

Only sarcasm here...as it was the top story in the news yesterday, and was all they talked about all day on sports channels...and front page headline in today's paper.

And yet I'm surprised any yanks would have heard anything.

Ironically, it was TDL Internet who informed me of this great news. YAY!!!!! Pay TV subscription, here we come.

Go Caps!

Blank Verse said:
I know you had EVERYTHING to do with it.

Too true, too true. I sat everyone down and just told them, "Guys...if you take hockey away what next maple syrup? This is just encouraging them to move down here where we like real games like basketball."

Of course with that point made they couldn't resist. :devious2:

Basketball, a real sport? HA!

I classify real sports thats played by MEN, or if there is a women's league, women that look like men. eg. Ice Hockey, Rugby, Aussie Rules.. but not NFL, thats just rugby for girls IMO... All that amour they wear, pffft..

Rugby!

Lol Aussie Rules...rugby rocks!

Sorry for the pointless semi-off-topicness. Anyway, I'm happy to see that they are bringing back hockey, but our leafs are in some trouble...going to be forced to get rid of a lot of high paid players...

Regards,

bozley05 said:
Basketball, a real sport? HA!

I classify real sports thats played by MEN, or if there is a women's league, women that look like men. eg. Ice Hockey, Rugby, Aussie Rules.. but not NFL, thats just rugby for girls IMO... All that amour they wear, pffft..

Ah, yes, the true-blue ignorant Aussie point of view.

In American football, each play the teams pretty much resets, where it's more continuous is NRL. So almost every person on the field is doing something in NFL, where in NRL, it's usually no more than 7-8 people fighting for the ball at once... ('cept in scrums...)

And if there's anything I've learnt from having a go at rugby and american football - along with hours of sparring in martial arts, pads do nothing except stopping the hits from leaving a mark, kind of like punching someone thru a phonebook (or was it hitting someone with a phonebook, i forget)

bozley05 said:
I classify real sports thats played by MEN, but not NFL, thats just rugby for girls
You wouldn't be saying that if you took multiple blows to the chest with a helmet.

I would prefer "ignorant adult"... I haven't been a child for a few years now.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but mine is always is right. Call it ignorant if you like, but I just call things as I see them.

bozley05 said:
I would prefer "ignorant adult"... I haven't been a child for a few years now.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but mine is always is right. Call it ignorant if you like, but I just call things as I see them.
Take no offense to him, bozley05.
At least you have something to offer to the thread, while he can do nothing better than lay down personal insults. Who's the child now?

Back on topic..

I am rather impartial to the whole situation. Actually, I think I enjoyed all the talks more than the game itself.

Though it is good to know that vendors/merchandisers can get back to work.

Now, before I say this, let me explain one thing. I f'n love rugby. Played it hundreds of times.

But, in any case, if you need to wear equipment in a sport, it does not make you a pussy for playing it. I've played a lot of sports featuring varying degrees of necessitated equipment, from the lower end equipment use, such as rugby, or lacrosse, to the higher end, as in football and hockey. I've injured myself playing all of it :p

In fact, the sport where I've injured myself the most has been hockey. Concussions, hamstrings, you name it, I've done it. And I'm well padded. But if you can skate well, you can skate faster than you can run. And a 6 foot 5, 230 pound man, and that's before the added weight of the equipment is lumbering towards you at full speed on ice...you'd need to be in a tank to not feel it.

Plus the board sandwich factor, they deserve to wear those inflatable sumo suits. Ice hockey would probably the most physical _legal_ game going around, everything surrounding the players is rock hard... The other players, the ice and the boards etc...

I agree with Blank. The amount of equipment/padding required to play a sport is not necessarily inversly proportional to its manliness.

Ever try playing lacrosse without gloves? How about no pads tackle football, or cricket without those bigass shinpads. It's pretty hard to do unless you are 6'5 300lbs, covered in tattoos, and missing teeth. (our rugby coach is about this size and has a full set of dentures at the age of 32. someone stepped on his face during play.

But that's only true till you get to sports like gaelic football, hurling, and murderball. The guys who play these sports deserve balls big enough to create their own gravity.

I'd have to say murderball is the most ------, manliest sport ever. Any parapeligic in a wheelchair who wants to play a full contact sport with a bunch of other agressive cripples (handi-capapble individuals for all you PC assholes) get's my respect. THey definately earn their parking spot.

Back