• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

50 free

Since there were more people who encountered the same problem than I thought, I've sent a messeage regarding the problem to the staff. If I get a reply with such solution provided, I'll post it here.

Some of you tried 50free.net. That domain is for hosting only and doesnt refer to their site.

Meads, you have to chmod everything to 755...

It's prolly because they block most asian country Ip's... or any country that don't speak some sort of european lanuage

*i think*

Yes, I was thinking about that the first time I encountered the problem so I tried using a proxy to get on the server. However, the proxy did no good. Maybe proxies are blocked too, I don't know.

CAN'T APPLY

It's not possible to apply. One field says this:

Enter the word as it is shown in the box

The box contains a randomly generated 8-digit number, not text. When I type in that number, I get this error:

Error - Write the text exactly as it is in the picture

So my question: what text?

A tip: when registering and there is a letter/number box, remember to use capitals if the letters lookcapital.

Just a note. I was just helping somebody out with a contact form script i wrote that they d/loaded and couldn't get to work, their site is on 50free.net and it seems mail() doesn't work, which is actually a good idea to have disabled, but the 50free.com homepage says the accounts unrestricted.

So if you're signing up for mail() it looks like you're out of luck.

Solution found

Ok everyone, I've came to a conclusion. If you are not using a provider that this site accepts, you will have to use a proxy. The best solution is to use a .com proxy. I think .net will do the job too. I have only used anonymous proxies so I am not sure about others. If you are planning to build a site and concerning visitors from all around the world, this is not the place to get your site hosted... unless you know your visitors can overcome the problem. This sucks, anonymous proxies are accepted and non-anonymous web serfing not accepted? Come on 50free.com. I see no point in blocking connections from other countries.

Originally posted by Lunch
A tip: when registering and there is a letter/number box, remember to use capitals if the letters lookcapital.

How do you capitalize numeric digits (123...)? Do you say ONETWOTHREE?

Originally posted by adch
seems to be down...

Were you availible to access without proxies until yestersday? If so, then it is really down. If this is your first time and you are not using a .com, .net, .org provider and from outside the United States, that could be the reason. I was using proxies without problems until yesterday and now I can't. It could be down or have shut proxies from accessing. If they are really thinking about security, I wish they would have shut out proxies instead of providers with foreign domain extension from the beginning. It even shuts out the foreign visitors of users' page by shutting out the providers with foreign domain extension, not a good solution.

Last edited:
Back