• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

50 free

everything has been working fine on my 50free account. the mysql, php, and cgi worked well. the numbers shouldn't give you a problem. they are all numbers i think. maybe you put o instead of 0

Originally posted by primrose
everything has been working fine on my 50free account. the mysql, php, and cgi worked well. the numbers shouldn't give you a problem. they are all numbers i think. maybe you put o instead of 0

In 1 week the server www.50free.net/com has been down twice fro almost 2 hours eachtime :chinese2:

the PHPMYADMIN dont want to log you in to manage your MySQL , sometimes for 2 days straight :angry2:

They dont have MAIL enabled :(

but the FTP is fast and the site is fast ( when its UP )

help requested

The staff replied that all problems have been solved for the down time. However, I feel that other problems have not been solved. The only reason I can think why the site is unaccessible is that there are restrictions against access from foreign domain extention. However, I must check out if some others are still having problem to get on to the site. If you still cannot connect without a proxy, please let me know. I will send the results to the staff to get a better solution. If availible, please tell me the difference while not using a proxy and while using a proxy.

If you do not have any skills to use proxy, use this link to check.
http://www.anonymization.net/http://50free.com

Originally posted by Raiden
i have yet to get anything from .net that isnt an internal server error.

ALL PHP files "must" be CHMOD 755

config.php files should be 777 when doing installation and then changed to 755 after you install your php script

if you dont 755 your files you'll get the error message

50free.com is back online but now new accounts are temporary unavailible. By the way, is there anyone else who is still having problems accessing the site without proxies? I really need help to get info so I could inform the staff about this problem. I tried to play around with the firewall but that was not the reason and I am still unavailible to access the site without proxies. If you still have the same problem, please notice me about it. I will send them a mail about this. If you may, let me know about your provider domain's extention (i.e. .jp, .ch, .us, etc.), nothing else than that I need to know.

Last edited:
mine has been working. don't know what happened to yours. i chmod'ed everything to 755. my phpfanbase script has been working since i installed it. no problems here. all of my stuff were accessable too.

yeah, they won't accept til the 30 since they're getting more servers, i think.

If you have files other than certain scripts like .cgi and .pl that requires different chmod, you won't have to set it as 755. I had some .dat files at chmod 666 and it is working fine.

Hmmm, this thread is getting huge. What's the big deal about 50free.com? I wont be suprised if it just disappears like that.

Originally posted by ibfw

ALL PHP files "must" be CHMOD 755

config.php files should be 777 when doing installation and then changed to 755 after you install your php script

if you dont 755 your files you'll get the error message

Actually PHP makes no use of the execute flag and doesn't
care if you have it set or not. What is important for PHP
scripts is that they are readable. I usually set all my
PHP scripts to 644.

The one exception is "config.php" for phpBB2. During
installation, the install.php script has to write to the
"config.php" file so I set that to 666 before installation
and then change it to 644 after installation is complete.

For 755, you are thinking about Perl scripts. Unlike PHP,
Perl DOES require you to have the execute flag set.

Originally posted by amz
Actually PHP makes no use of the execute flag and doesn't
care if you have it set or not. What is important for PHP
scripts is that they are readable. I usually set all my
PHP scripts to 644.

The one exception is "config.php" for phpBB2. During
installation, the install.php script has to write to the
"config.php" file so I set that to 666 before installation
and then change it to 644 after installation is complete.

For 755, you are thinking about Perl scripts. Unlike PHP,
Perl DOES require you to have the execute flag set.

AMZ, get an account there,
upload some PHP files,

call it from your browser

we guarantee you'll get ERRORS

Heres answers from their F.A.Q

For Perl and CGI scripts the solution is:

to add '-w' after the Perl path in your Perl script. It will look like this:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

This will enable 'warnings' in Perl. Some Perl scripts do not run without this option.

For PHP scripts:

This is because the PHP file has wrong permissions. You probably set 755 to the folder where the PHP files are located, but you did not set 755 to the files. You must select all PHP files and change their permissions, not the folders.

They configured their server to act this way. Thank you.

well something went wrong again..i've set the files to 755 and was working fine a few days ago until now.Re-checked the permissions and it's still 755 but now it gives the error again...

Originally posted by adch
well something went wrong again..i've set the files to 755 and was working fine a few days ago until now.Re-checked the permissions and it's still 755 but now it gives the error again...

Yes they are DOWN AGAIN ( Tuesday 10-28-2003 7 PM EST )

your control panels are working but not your site if its in PHP

:chinese2: RoLlErCoAsTeR sTaRt :)

Back