• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Recent content by Willow

1. W

moving a forum to a new host

I use phpBB. I am moving my site and forum to a new host, however, I want to keep all members and posts (which, honestly, aren't that many, but I still want to keep them. I've backed everything up, so how will I move the forum and keep everything I have?
  2. W

Steve Irwin el Stupido

I thought it was stupid myself. I don't care how much "in control" you think you have. Wild animals are unpredicatable. You just don't put your baby in that kind of situation. I do believe he wouldn't intentionally do anything to harm his child, but anything can happen around wild animals.
  3. W

I need help with virus

I'm basically computer illiterate, so I don't know how to do this. Anyway, I just did a virus scan using McAfee Freescan (http://msn.mcafee.com) and it came up as having three viruses. (However, when I run AVG free, it comes up as no infected files). So, on the virus information, under removal...
  4. W

Hmm,, I'm not sure where to put this....

I set my homepage in IE to google.com, but when I go into IE, my homepage seems to be automatically reset to some page called webcounter.cc, something like that. This happens every other day. How does that happen?
  5. W

Is there a place for this?

Thanks darkcurves, I'll look into that :)
  6. W

Hmm, three days to post and that's the answer I got? I had even forgotten about this thread. If I could afford a new computer, trust me, I'd get one, but with college and utilites, a new computer is not on the top of my list right now. And I don't have mp3's at all, just a slow, outdated computer
  7. W

I download a lot of The Sims stuff for the game. Quite a few of them are from paysites. I cannot keep subscribing to these sites when it's time to renew as real life necessities call. However, if I have to re-install the game, for some reason, I'll lose those downloads I paid for. Is there a...
  8. W

Free host list for non LLH-Format posters

Re: Free host list I don't post here often, but I came by to search for a new host. I saw this thread and decided to see what hosts were listed, but I noticed this sentence. What is meant by that? It sounds like a smartass comment. If I'm mistaken, I apologize
  9. W

Which would you recommend of these two hosts?

tera-byte.com or below10host.com I've done a search of both of these hosts, and both had good reviews, but the last one was at least a year ago. I'm looking for a decent web host, with decent amount of space for $10 a month or less And another one, verohost.com. How are they? They look good
  10. W

ish.biz?

I'm not sure about ish.biz. I signed up for a website, a personal website. Two days later, my whole site is erased. I could log into ftp and my files are still there, but not on the actual webpage. I read in their message board that other people were having that problem too....
  11. W

*UNLIMITED* Hosting? :S

ActiveWebHosting "Unlimited" webspace and "unlimited" bandwidth
  12. W

monitor refresh rate

I did a search and found another thread about this, but it didn't really answer my question, so I'm gonna ask. I was having a problem with a PC game (and still am, actually), half the game screen was cut off. Someone suggested making the monitor refresh rate higher. Well, I'm afraid to try. It's...
  13. W

can anyone recommend a good PHP chat script?

well, since I don't want to be murdered, I'll go ahead and forget the chat :D It really wasn't that important anyway. Just a little something I wanted to add to my site for fun
  14. W

can anyone recommend a good PHP chat script?

And one that's easy to install....I appreciate it
  15. W

Host needed....

I need a host. I'm looking for recommendations, people who use the hosts and like them. I need 100-200mb of space, CGI, PHP with 3 MySQL databases, and will host at least two domains on one account. Price doens't matter as long as its not TOO steep. I would also like a host that will let me take...
Back