• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Steve Irwin el Stupido

I'm glad I don't have crazy parents. I do wish they weren't so boring though.

He is really insane... He need to see a psychiatrist... and you're right he's doing this to have some publicities at his child's expense... sure he get the publicity, he caught the attention of international media, the world... tsk tsk... but just to get it... he put the life of his son into risk...

How can you compare what he did with MJ?

Steve has been around these types of animals all his life. He would never place his daughter in danger, and while you may see it as dangerous being in the same pit as an alligator, he doesn't.

How is what he did any worse than a parent who doesn't properly secure their child in a carseat? Which, I may add, has a bigger chance of being harmed than what Steve did.

The guy could have tripped on his own feet! Then that poor kid would be croc food.

Bad parenting is bad parenting whether it be a bad carseat, dangling your kid outta a window, or holding them close to animals that would probably appreciate a bigger meal.

I do have to say I don't think the child was in danger. I mean he is a professional. But it was a big publicity stunt.

I don't know about you, I think just about ALL non-abusive parents would ever put their children in harm's way. Someone like Steve Irwin, one of those 'True, blue aussie blokes', knows what's he's doing.

Maybe you were all just scared of seeing a croc on tv. :eek:

I personally dont see what the big fuss is about.

it would be different if the kid was crying or looked terrified.

I saw a 6 month old kid made to waterski by his parents to set a world record... that seems pretty dangerous to me.

Originally posted by Robert
How can you compare what he did with MJ?

Steve has been around these types of animals all his life. He would never place his daughter in danger, and while you may see it as dangerous being in the same pit as an alligator, he doesn't.

How is what he did any worse than a parent who doesn't properly secure their child in a carseat? Which, I may add, has a bigger chance of being harmed than what Steve did.

MJ has been around balconies all his life too, that was just media over-hype, and the public always bites, like they have with Steve. I've taken my 6 year old out to hunt vipers and rattlers. He's also seen me put a dnagerous dog down with a rifle. It's where a person lives, and you have to teach kids their surroundings....like Steve is doing. Steve has a clear point about it when he mentions living next to a busy road. As for what MJ did, a lot of parents do the same thing.....just not in front of media like that....but you do that as a child gets older, work with the child so they arent deathly afraid of hights.

too many kids are pussies these days, and so are parents. you should teach your kids a few life skills before teaching them to say frappuccino.

at least suburban kids.

While I agree with Gayo and Webdude, exactly how much can you teach to your one month old son? There was no need for him to have his son there, and the fact that he did it at all reall yproves that he was just trying to revive his almost done career.

I think all these people attacking him and calling it stupid is ridiculous. Its no more dangerous then if your holding your baby whilst crossing a road as this is to him. People are so shallow minded... I cant believe theyre comparing it to MJ!

Last edited:
Originally posted by Matt8
The guy could have tripped on his own feet!
But he didn't. A bolt of lightening could strike me any second.....

Sometimes you gotta live dangerously.

I thought it was stupid myself. I don't care how much "in control" you think you have. Wild animals are unpredicatable. You just don't put your baby in that kind of situation. I do believe he wouldn't intentionally do anything to harm his child, but anything can happen around wild animals.

exactly, which is the exact reason you shouldn't put your baby in a car because you might crash, walk around with it because you might trip, so you're better off just leaving it for dead because you're always bound to hurt it.

or you could wrap it in aluminum foil.

or to save yourself a lot of trouble get yourself a time machine and a coat hanger.

Back