• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Recent content by MattW

1. M

Free Host

Dreamweaver has a built in ftp client. So I assume ftp is fine for him/her.
  2. M

Dim8.net - $39.99 A Year Special

Yes, 1 mysql database is included in this special.
  3. M

A question with asp...

Thanks for all your help guys, I'm going to try this a little later when I get a chance!
  4. M

A question with asp...

I was just wondering if anyone could help me out. I'm using asp for a script that processes a form that has a text box. In the text box, if someone hits enter, I want that to turn up as a <BR>. I've seen somewhere that you can just switch the \n with a <BR>. I know there are commands for it...
  5. M

What's your favorite os??

I would have to agree with Phrozen, FreeBSD is probably the best I've used yet.
  6. M

Anyone tried freewebz.com?

After you register, they will give you the choice of all those things you have at the end. You have to buy each of them. I think it is $5/month for ftp access. $6/month for cgi access. That is where the catch is. If you don't need any of that and are fine with uploading through your...
  7. M

Security Help (ASP Script)

It let me download closed.zip using Download Accelorator. That could be a problem :)
  8. M

Help with banning of users...

Hi, I'm writing a script through php where users create an account and get privelages. If they abuse the privelages I want to be able to ban them. I'm using php for the scripting and I was wondering, what is the best way to do user banning. I know I could just ban the ip but then again not...
  9. M

Blender?

Blender isn't for 2d graphics like photoshop. It's pretty much a 3d modeller. It is pretty easy to use though.
  10. M

Need a good paid host urgent !!

That's the problem, I don't think there is anyway to support php on a windows server but there isn't a way to do ms sql or an access database on a linux server. You can however use mysql on a windows server using MyODBC. You just wouldn't be able to have php as far as I know.
  11. M

is f2s really the best?

All of the new servers are experimental, this is what they have right above the I agree and signup button: PLEASE NOTE: The new webservers are currently experimental. Only signup now if you do not mind lots of downtime!
  12. M

Cheap bandwidth for Colocation

Ok, now I see, I thought he wanted to actually get the server, thank you very much for clearing things up big_smooth!
  13. M

Cheap bandwidth for Colocation

There is a 20 month contract. You pay $299/month for 20 months and you get 200Gb of transfer/month. After the 20 months are up, they can send the server to you, another place where you want to colocate it, or they can colocate it with them. If you Bail out of the contract before 20 months are...
  14. M

Reseller Plans (What resellers want?)

I personally wouldn't mind the capability to build your own plans, someone has that, is it donhost? That's just a nice thing so they don't have to stick with specified plans. I don't know, but I've also never liked the idea of billing the reseller. Does anyone actually bill the client? Like...
  15. M

WYSIWYG for Linux

I'm not sure of one but I know there is a group of people that are working on a program that will allow you to run windows programs on linux. I'm not sure when it will be done but I read something about it somewhere.
Back