• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Anyone from Geekrack listening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would have to say it's a smart move.

What I don't get is why Michelle would still have access to the information..the same thing happened with JasonS allegedly...what, did they not learn their lesson? When an employee leaves or is let go...TERMINATE THEIR ACCESS.

Like..jeez.

MCT, GR is in a slump because the owner let it go into one out of pure neglect. Nothing more or less. I hope, personally, that Decker sue their --- off.

And now all the staff are resigning... Nice :eek3:

I wonder how long until we see a parking page or a closed page on geekrack's domain :eek2:

Would have to say it's a smart move.

What I don't get is why Michelle would still have access to the information..the same thing happened with JasonS allegedly...what, did they not learn their lesson? When an employee leaves or is let go...TERMINATE THEIR ACCESS.

Like..jeez.
well, as far as i know, she had some of the emails before she was termed, so, i dont know all the little details, but, her access was shut off as soon as she was terminated. as for me, i was willing to stay and help here and there when i had spare time, but, she termed all my access, so, i guess she took it as a full resignation and that is that.
MCT, GR is in a slump because the owner let it go into one out of pure neglect. Nothing more or less. I hope, personally, that Decker sue their --- off.
well, to each their own. i personally dont wish that on anyone.

i just read on some other site, i did a simple google.
here is one of the things that where mentioned in the guys blog post.
(there where three, he explains the problems at GR with it's employee management. was made 4 weeks ago)

3) They don't have good enough routines to remove given credentials and sanitize the system once the credential holder shouldn't be authorized to access the system.

that would explain the access left open to the emails..?

If i'm not mistaken, wasn't it just an ex-employee of GR, not GR themselves? since the person in question is no longer an employee of the company, it was after their involvement, so GR shouldn't be blamed for the spam emails?

GR have a responsibility to protect their clients data, regardless on if an "Employee" leaked it or not.

But this is not the first time they have leaked client information. In this very thread*, the owner Shequita posted screenshots of there billing system, revealing Deckers real name, as well as his email address.

* This was removed by Shequita about 4 hours after it was posted.

i just read on some other site, i did a simple google.
here is one of the things that where mentioned in the guys blog post.
(there where three, he explains the problems at GR with it's employee management. was made 4 weeks ago)

that would explain the access left open to the emails..?

From what I could work out, the employee had access to ALL client records, not just there emails. Meaning, the leaked info could have included; mailing address, billing details, and worst case (I hope to god not, not even sure if they take them) credit card numbers.

Anything every client gave to geekrack, in a ticket, emails, anything, they had access to.

well, to be frank, if you are employing someone they need access.
the problem is trusting them.
and we have to find out the level of access the spammer of the emails has. they could have only got them from the WHMCS panel.

Well to set this record straight....

1. I was never terminated! Shequeita simply ignored every message or email from me, just like her clients. Many times I asked her to look at tickets with no response.

2. I did go to her about the email situation and nothing was said about it, I offered to let her on the lawsuit, no response was given. Her lose not mine.

3. Justin as far as you liking her tech support so much.. I don't understand why you came to me when you had problems, unless that was one of the many times she ignored her employees

4. I never took anyones emails! As stated in the other thread many times! There was someone on my computer who admitted to doing so. so for this I HAVE TAKEN LEGAL ACTION!

5. A warrant has been served and court date has been set. Anything else is not being disclosed on public forum. Sorry. I do have several emails to write to inform people who have been included.

Once again my email is open to anyone who wants to contact me in private as this is a legal matter. michelle@thehosted.com

And once again TheHosted has spoke as being a guy, a girl, the person who sent the spam, the person who owns the company.

Anyone care to clarify who the hell TheHosted is, so my brain doesnt hurt any more?

Also Iv emailed you regarding information on the information regard the legal as per my lawyers advice as I as well had recieved the email, (guess when I was looking at signing a client with GR). An no response, I would like you to pm me the information please (reference information to the lawsuit, location of the suit, judge on the court case) so that my lawyers can begin the paper trail against GR and inturn against yourself and your "someone".

GR have a responsibility to protect their clients data, regardless on if an "Employee" leaked it or not.

But this is not the first time they have leaked client information. In this very thread*, the owner Shequita posted screenshots of there billing system, revealing Deckers real name, as well as his email address.

* This was removed by Shequita about 4 hours after it was posted.

Was it not a mod that removed the sensitive information? I havent hear from Shequita since all this started and TheHosted poped up.

4. I never took anyones emails! As stated in the other thread many times! There was someone on my computer who admitted to doing so. so for this I HAVE TAKEN LEGAL ACTION!
Who would have access to GR client details that was using your computer? Name and shame :fangel:

Who would have access to GR client details that was using your computer? Name and shame :fangel:

No there will be no names posted until all is said and done with then I will be more then happy to share as it will be a matter of public record.

For some reason, I do not believe you've taken someone that was using your computer to court.

I also received this email and would be interested in more information, I'm sure you know my email address. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back