• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

cP Creator - **FREE** Free Host Manager

Hehe, thanks for the suggestions. I've been looking at the paypal developer section but I want to do some extra things first.

You know the paypal sandbox is hell to work with, take a look at eliteweaver.co.uk IPN sandbox, much easier to use while you establish your routines, you still will need a sandbox account or two before you release the code, but eliteweaver will get you to release stage a lot quicker that the stupid sandbox ...

Maybe alertpay? Lots of people are starting to move over there from what I've observed lately...

You should bear in mind johnny that people do like to use other services, some countries dont have paypal, some parents won't allow it etc ... my suggestion would be while designing the transaction table to make the column names as generic as possible and do not copy paypal definitions, this will make easy when someone wants to use a different payment processor ( most work in the same way, some sort of HTTP postback ) ... you'd do well before you start to look into the source code of an opensource application to see how they achieve using the same transaction table for multiple payment processors, let someone else do the hard work ...

Thanks for the advice. Since i've never worked with payment processing before It's unknown territory. That means I don't have a clue how it works. I'll most likely be looking how they work and build a generic system which could work for whatever the system is. That may be a while yet, I'm doing a recode of the whole script.

Joe, I suppose you had a similar script like this years ago. It could help Jonny if you share it with him.

I doubt you even have that. ;D

I've written more than one, however I have lost them all ... plus I can't help johnny too much with this as a client is paying me to compete, I can give him advice in general on programming but code I should keep to a minimum to satisfy my client ...

That's understandable. Thanks for the help though. I really need to plan this system well.

Last edited:
PayPal is a good place to start, but, i would recommend getting stuff for 2checkout and other systems too.

Cheers. I'll be looking at the other systems.

Is there anyway of totally globalizing a variable? So I don't have to global it inside a function?

Lemme explain in more detail. I have a couple of classes

class 1
class 2

main -> class 1 = fine
main -> class 2 = fine
class 1 -> class 2 = broke

PS: Global in each function isn't suitable.

Last edited:
This is pretty general PHP, and so I'll give you a hand ...

PHP:
<?php
class Main
{
	public static $myVar ;

function __construct( )
	{
		self::$myVar = "krakjoe" ;

printf( "%s: my name is %s\r\n", __CLASS__, self::$myVar );
	}
}
class Next extends Main
{
	function __construct( )
	{
		printf( "%s: my name is still %s\r\n", __CLASS__, parent::$myVar );
	}
}
class Another extends Main
{
	function __construct( )
	{
		printf( "%s: my name is still %s\r\n", __CLASS__, parent::$myVar );
	}
}

$oMain = new Main( );
$oNext = new Next( );
$oAnother = new Another( );

printf( "Procedurally my name is still %s\r\n", Main::$myVar );
?>

Just a quickie...is there anyway to intergrate the P2H module with other billing systems...

and didn't mention...one reason why people are moving over the AlertPay is because all PTC (Pay to Click Sites) have to switch over to AlertPay as paypal no longer accepts these kind of services...

Also, if i have some spare cash i don't mind donating to help this project :)

Fantastic work!

Just a quickie...is there anyway to intergrate the P2H module with other billing systems...

Most are not only encoded but have non documented or poorly documented API's.

I believe iPanel is the only commerical one that has a post2host system ...

Back