• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Sad, America, just Sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So,
I always read on these forums that it is christians fault for ruining everything. There are some people that do ruin it, do things that make christians look bad.... but from reading a lot of stuff everyone says it's EVERYONE in christianity that is so... annoying, or self centered or whatever you want to throw out there.
I am sure, if the person who got the video banned from schools was not a christian, what would happen if the person was a Musslim, you would probably look at this differently and react a different way saying.... oh maybe so and so is right, or lets take a look at it and see why they think it's bad.
I've kept a pretty consistent view on Christians since my leaving the Mormon church.

The bible has lots of fables in it, which are not meant to be taking literally. There is a lot of stuff that is supposed to teach you some things, but there is also supposed to be some facts in there as well ;)
Some of the stories are true. If I ever get in to researching it a bit more I'll let you know

Indeed. Parables, as they're called. My opinion on any scientific or anthropological evidence that is found is that these events may have indeed happened, and people have explained some perhaps unusual parts of the event by claiming divine intervention.

NOTE: This story has been altered since it was originally published. The computer program Al Gore uses to present scientists’ findings in the movie “An Inconvenient Truth” is Keynote. A competing software program’s name was mentioned in the earlier version of the story.
Woo! Go Macs!

I can't stand Al Gore, though, so from that side of things I am happy to see this. :) I am disappointed, however, that religious fanatics (who can't truly be Christians if they act like that) are somehow trying to tie his movie to religion. :confused: That is pretty far fetched, and stupid, too.

One I don't believe in global warming, I've seen no proof. ALl I've seen is that for thousands of years the earth has went through cooling and heating cycles. It freezes it melts. Way of the world. It may get warmer as we get pulled toward the sun. its called entropy, suck it up live with it.

Two, based on point one, Mr. Johnson just brought us another pointless religious flame war thread.

In before FSM.

Decline in pirate population has resulted in global temperature increase.

it's just ridiculous to ban this thing. if the parent really wants his child to have an opposite view, why not get to work and give an opposite view.

Or make him listen to canada's prime minister Stephen Harper, whom thinks that it's not a problem to wait until 2050 to lower gaz emissions.... ;)

One I don't believe in global warming, I've seen no proof. ALl I've seen is that for thousands of years the earth has went through cooling and heating cycles. It freezes it melts. Way of the world. It may get warmer as we get pulled toward the sun. its called entropy, suck it up live with it.

Two, based on point one, Mr. Johnson just brought us another pointless religious flame war thread.

Are you ----ing kidding me? There's not a chance in hell of what you just said being true. Watch the damn video, it outlays the direct correlation in CO2 ommissions, and there's no way is that a ----ing co-incidence.

Indeed.

Are you ----ing kidding me? There's not a chance in hell of what you just said being true. Watch the damn video, it outlays the direct correlation in CO2 ommissions, and there's no way is that a ----ing co-incidence.

Indeed.

So you just believe one source, and of all sources a politician, the most untrustworthy humans on the face of the planet? Sounds good. :usflag:

Well I've had my go juice this morning, might as well break out the fingers and burn this keyboard up for awhile. Maby I'll beat my 70 words per limit ceiling :lol:.

Science of the Physical Creation said:
A closer look at the issue reveals a surprising lack of evidence for a global crisis. It is true that CO2 and methane levels have increased slightly, and that this increase may be due to man's efforts, but predictions of global warming are based on theory alone, and most of these theories predict mild increases in average temperature. All of the scientific evidence gathered indicated that there is no danger of a global warming disaster.
Earth's average temperatures tend to fluctuate
over long term cycles. Earth has been considerably warmer in the past than it is now. For example, from AD 900 to AD 1100, a period scientists refer to as the "Medieval Climate Optimum," global temperatures were warmer on average than at present. The weather was so mild that the Vikings established colonies and farms in Greenland (in regions that were, in fact, green). In the 1300s, however, global temperatures began to drop, plunging the world into the Little Ice Age. The Vikings' crops and livestock in Greenland began to fail, the Vikings left, and Greenland was covered with ice. About 1850, Earth's climate began to gradually warm ending the Little Ice Age; this warming lasted until about 1940. Beginning in 1940, temperatures leveled off and began to drop slightly once again.
Another fact to keep in mind is that the most pronounced increase in temperature in the 20th century occurred before 1940, when human production of greenhouse gases was at a much lower level than it is today. The climate actually cooled somewhat between 1940-1980, although the amount of greenhouse gases produced by man increased. This fact casts doubt on the relationship of man's production of greenhouse gases and the global climate.
Finally, man's contribution of CO2 and other green house gases is considerably less than nature's. Man contributes about 7 billion tons of carbon dioxide to the atmosphere per year, compared to nature's own contribution of 200 billion tons.

If you're reading this than congratulations, you at least read the whole article :beer:.

some of the laws in america are already laughed at by the rest of the world... for example you can go to war and loose a limb at 18 yet you cannot drink alcohol until you are 21. You can legally buy cigarettes and sign contracts at 18 but you still cannot drink...

Now let's get to the laws about censorship. It is completely ridiculous! In europe, commercials have women naked taking showers and stuff but in American, big NO NO. When listening to the radio station, half of the song is cut out because of "cussing". That is absolutely unacceptable, how are you supposed to listen to a song that just goes "BEEEP BEEEP" every 2 seconds?

Then we come to the videos that are now restricted in school. How are kids supposed to learn about global warming if some stupid aholes are banning the videos about it? We are the world's biggest polluter yet the kids in this country cannot learn about the damage their parents are doing to the planet?

Once again, ridiculous. Some people need to grow up and realize that by censoring everything for the kids, it is only making things worse. Not like if you tell someone "dont push this button"... what do you think he is gonna do..:idea:

Oh and a quick reply to this. STOP CUSSING. SIMPLE. If you want your song heard in its entirity, don't cus. There is NEVER a reason to cuss, it is simply childish to imagine a reason to, especially in a song. Why do you need to sing about "I'm a P.I.M.P." or "I'm gettin all that ***** tonight". No one wants to hear how many sexual diseases a guy is picking up in one night. :p

So you just believe one source, and of all sources a politician, the most untrustworthy humans on the face of the planet? Sounds good. :usflag:
Well I've had my go juice this morning, might as well break out the fingers and burn this keyboard up for awhile. Maby I'll beat my 70 words per limit ceiling :lol:.
If you're reading this than congratulations, you at least read the whole article :beer:.
Congratualtions, you've just taken the same stance as the USA president!
(would now be a good time to tell everyone what an idiot bush is)
sorry, that was a bit harsh, but really - wake up and smell the bacon, yes the earth does go through heating and cooling seasons but you CANNOT deny that greenhouse gasses trap in the atmosphere and stop sunlight leaving it, its been proven so many times.

Congratualtions, you've just taken the same stance as the USA president!
(would now be a good time to tell everyone what an idiot bush is)
sorry, that was a bit harsh, but really - wake up and smell the bacon, yes the earth does go through heating and cooling seasons but you CANNOT deny that greenhouse gasses trap in the atmosphere and stop sunlight leaving it, its been proven so many times.

You leave out the equation of the earth absorbing said gases as well.

Yeah, that's right. Al Gore is the only person ever to think that global warming's happening.

Retard.

Oh and a quick reply to this. STOP CUSSING. SIMPLE. If you want your song heard in its entirity, don't cus. There is NEVER a reason to cuss, it is simply childish to imagine a reason to, especially in a song. Why do you need to sing about "I'm a P.I.M.P." or "I'm gettin all that ***** tonight". No one wants to hear how many sexual diseases a guy is picking up in one night. :p
Yeah, free speech is way overrated.

Yeah, that's right. Al Gore is the only person ever to think that global warming's happening.

Retard.
pwntˆ4,000,000

This global warming is getting scary, Denmark has had by far the warmest winter in ages.

We're supposed to present all sides? I've never heard about Scientology's creation theory being debated about being taught in schools.

Stupid Christians.

You should stop generalizing christens.

Stupid Tree.

Indeed, I was. I'm not a scientologist as some of you may have thought. More of an agnostic now more than anything.

Last edited:
Indeed, I was. I'm not a scientologist as some of you may have thought. More on an agnostic now more than anything.

Being an agnostic is impossible because to believe nothing is true is to believe the truth that nothing is true. Same as being an atheist...its impossible.

Donnie Darko said:
Donnie, an athiest is someone who denies altogether the existance of God. You're an agnostic. An agnostic is someone who believe that there can be no proof of the existance of God, but does not deny the possibility that God exists.

Agnostic:
a person who claims that they cannot have true knowledge about the existence of God (but does not deny that God might exist)
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn​

Being an agnostic is impossible because to believe nothing is true is to believe the truth that nothing is true. Same as being an atheist...its impossible.

rofl

Being an atheist is impossible? Being an agnostic is impossible?

Now I think you're just messing with us. Were you being sarcastic? Damn, now I'm confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back