• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Apple Gives 100k to NO no Prop8

Why dont you guys dont want to talk about the morality and ethical side of the topic? ....

I agree, its not a genetic thing, its a life choice mostlikely based on things that happen during your childhood. Its basically how you are raised.

Check out some of Sigmund Freud research and ideas on human sexuality. Youll be suprised and shocked at alot of the things he says, but when you really think about it, the bastards right :/

As for apple, its more likely to have a positive effect on the company than a negative one.
Sure, they may scare off a small minority from their existing market share, but really only kids and old men.
On the other hand, they just gained a massive amount of support from the gay community and their straight supporters alike. Computer using gays i would say easily out number the people whod be so pissed fof they boycot apple.

I'm gonna end my conversations in this thread and hope it dies. All I'm gonna say is... If you guys had gay friends, or gay parents, or a gay best friend...Or if you grew up in a time like today, when it's widely accepted and people are less afraid of being slaughtered for coming out... Your opinions would be 100% different. That being said... It's not a choice, and you don't suddenly hit puberty and decide to chase the boys down... Ever since birth you always felt different, you did different things, you hung out with different people... it just took the hormones that occur during puberty to make you realize why you were different.

You know, this thread isn't really about gay marriage and our thoughts on it, if you're still one of those cavemen who has issue with it, it might be best discussed in a thread delving into the issue.

This is about Apple, a public company with the funds to do with what it so pleases, and they've decided to oppose this prop, saying in their own words, it's a civil rights issue, not a political issue. They're absolutely right about that, and legislation on the matter seems somewhat unwarranted.

What I find interesting is your stance, GR-Andy, about how the public relations sphere of the company's scope, which in no way affects the product you make, has compelled you to switch over to PC. Even though the company has always held strong on civil rights and been active in this field, and has, in all likelihood, hired a ton of gay people over the years.

To be outraged NOW is kind of interesting

I understand where Andy is coming from, if Apple had given 100k to support prop 8, I could personally guarantee you right now that I would never own an Apple product in my entire life. I'd have to get rid of my iPod too. Zune FTW lol.

It's not a choice, and you don't suddenly hit puberty and decide to chase the boys down... Ever since birth you always felt different, you did different things, you hung out with different people... it just took the hormones that occur during puberty to make you realize why you were different.

I didn't say you hit puberty and know instanly you like the same sex (Let's not just say "guys" since that makes it seem only men are gay.), you even said it yourself, your hormones change - which they change during puberty. Which lasts nearly your whole teenage years. It can take your whole puberty cycle to notice it, or even just randomly in your life. (PS: I still think the whole lifestyle you have causes it is bs too.)

I'm gonna end my conversations in this thread and hope it dies. All I'm gonna say is... If you guys had gay friends, or gay parents, or a gay best friend...Or if you grew up in a time like today, when it's widely accepted and people are less afraid of being slaughtered for coming out... Your opinions would be 100% different. That being said... It's not a choice, and you don't suddenly hit puberty and decide to chase the boys down... Ever since birth you always felt different, you did different things, you hung out with different people... it just took the hormones that occur during puberty to make you realize why you were different.

I'm going to take the time to say I side with David here. I guess having grown up in the San Francisco of the east coast, I have plenty of gay friends (as well as a gay mother) so I've heard about the ---- they get and seen the ---- they get. Seriously ... this is de facto (and in some cases de juro in states gay marriage is illegal) prejudice against a group of people who are different from the majority in a given area. 1960s says what?

Anyone that's prejudiced against gay people should build a time machine and go back to pre- civil rights era America. They'd be happier then. ----!

Last edited:
Yes, and while we are changing the laws of marriage, might as well make it legal to marry more than one person & your siblings, since they have the RIGHT to do what they want and we have no right to say its wrong as that would be discrimination....

I could honestly care less. Like being homosexual, it's not my thing to try and marry more than one girl, but some people might want to?

If some people don't believe in monogamy, why should we stop them?

And there are plenty of people in the south that might want to marry their cousins. As I said, it's not me, but why should I care? It's their fault if they have a child with mental illness / mental retardation / development problems for marrying their family members ...

[edit]
Apologies if my arguments are based on American life and customs. I live here so it's what I know and have grown up around. Go ahead and use examples from your own countries of origin if you want ...

Last edited:
for marrying their family members ...

That's the thing... most people see marriage as a means to have a child, when it's not. Like it's some kind of secure figuire and a safe enviorment to bring a child into, even when the two partners don't want to be married, due to it's moral and relgioius means. Religion can change the views on it, if religion says gay's can't marry, then the law goes with it since it's tied along with it - with the marriage license. Just like other religions allow you to have more than one wife - and it doesn't break the law because of it - otherwise it'll be classed as discrimination if was say any different.

and what about incest?
You do know a animal in the wild is more likely to commit incest than homosexuality?
making it more natural than homosexuality..

Where do we draw the line?

If the incest is rape then it should obviously be dealt with. However, if it's consentual (including over the age of consent) incest then I could ----ing care less. I think it's odd, but who am I to tell someone they can't ---- their brother/sister/etc?

It's like me telling someone they can't smoke something, or snort something. Who am I to be holier-than-thou and tell them what they can or can't do with their bodies. Not trying to distract from the main point, just providing another example.

but who am I to tell someone they can't ---- their brother/sister/etc?
lol, straight to the point!

Well I can say I agree with your views since you (unlike others) are not picking things to discriminate against, however the world around us is, I could safely say that alot of the people for gay marriage would be against marrying your family or having more than one wife.

As for the church, I couldnt really give a ---- what they think, every place in the world has its own religion and that pretty much proves right there that religion is bull----
+ the fact churches are against family ----ing and the bible is full of family ----ing..

How2Logic?

anyway, I dont know what to think any more, none of its for me thats for sure. but at the end of the day I wouldn't mind 7 wives...

lol, straight to the point!

Well I can say I agree with your views since you (unlike others) are not picking things to discriminate against, however the world around us is, I could safely say that alot of the people for gay marriage would be against marrying your family or having more than one wife.

As for the church, I couldnt really give a ---- what they think, every place in the world has its own religion and that pretty much proves right there that religion is bull----
+ the fact churches are against family ----ing and the bible is full of family ----ing..

How2Logic?

anyway, I dont know what to think any more, none of its for me thats for sure. but at the end of the day I wouldn't mind 7 wives...

I've seen that kind of behavior many times before (discriminating against something while not discriminating against something else). And as far as religion goes, I don't discriminate against people's beliefs either ... (a lot of my friends are agnostic, christian, muslim, etc. I'm one of the few atheists), but religion's not for me ...

Anti-gay marriage advocates always bring up the "what's to stop someone from doing this" excuse, which is so goddamn flawed it might as well be made by Kia.

Gay marriage doesn't hurt anyone. ANYONE. Anyone who feels their moral compass cannot accept a marriage where two people are in love and happy might as well go back to manning the torture racks in POW camps. It's not like incest where there are severe implications in play when it comes to various matters, mostly procreation. Or trying to marry animals, I hear that one a lot. It's hilarious until you realize the person arguing it is serious. I don't get this trickle down theory that comes from the gay marriage debate.

What I always find amusing is the people most opposed to gay marriage are the people who are least affected by it.

It's not like incest where there are severe implications in play when it comes to various matters, mostly procreation....

Actually, if you study genetics and bioligy, you quickly find out that the "mutant babies" from incest is actually an old wives tale.
All it does is increase the chance a genetic trate will be passed on.

Can you imagine the legal implications if you could marry more than 1 person?

Imagine sorting out the aftermath of a divorce, or a death... :eek:

Actually, if you study genetics and bioligy, you quickly find out that the "mutant babies" from incest is actually an old wives tale.
All it does is increase the chance a genetic trate will be passed on.
But yes you are right, it just increases the chances of a genetic defect that is already in your family..
But this can happen with just 2 normal people, often any baby a couple pops out will have issues, because both the mother and the father have the same genetic issue in their family history..

Anyway, off topic!

Last edited:
Blank Verse said:
What I always find amusing is the people most opposed to gay marriage are the people who are least affected by it.
Not really, I personally know several gay people. I don't really care if they are gay (as long as they don't try and be gay with me!).

The traditional marriage is with a pastor of a church. If you ask a pastor to marry you and he/she refuses because you're gay... don't you think he/she has a choice? If you think they don't get a choice, it's like being forced (by someone else, not by urges) to smoke if you don't want to smoke.

Marriage is defined as a binding between man and woman, not man/man or woman/woman. It is more religious than anything else... so if you're not in to religion, why do you get married? Aren't you going against your beliefs?

Not really, I personally know several gay people. I don't really care if they are gay (as long as they don't try and be gay with me!).

The traditional marriage is with a pastor of a church. If you ask a pastor to marry you and he/she refuses because you're gay... don't you think he/she has a choice? If you think they don't get a choice, it's like being forced (by someone else, not by urges) to smoke if you don't want to smoke.

Marriage is defined as a binding between man and woman, not man/man or woman/woman. It is more religious than anything else... so if you're not in to religion, why do you get married? Aren't you going against your beliefs?

Maybe in your society, but not historicaly.

Christian related religions only are in a church, but this is meerly religious based ceremony. Marriage is older than Christianity, and older then recorded history.

The Church wasnt always in charge of marriages, and isnt today either.
As i said before, the State is, not the Church. All that happens at the Church is a ceremony, nothing more, you arent officially married until you goto the registry office and sign the GOVERNMENT ISSUED papers.

The church can still refuse to perform Gay ceremonies if they wish, but this issues has nothing what so ever to do with the Churches moral views of homosexuality.

Its about legal issues, such as who is considered "next of kin", who can claim the estate in the even of a will less death, who has the right to make the decision to terminate life support in an emergency.

Why should the church have any say in these matters.

I agree with CnR, being gay isn't "natural" if it was there would be a even split of straight and gay people, it's made natural through our hormones that's it - it's partly natural but it can't be classed as natural.

You don't get dropped as a baby and you are suddenly "gay", you don't become "gay" because your mother drunk alot when she was pregnant. You become "gay" because you was made that way.

GOD (if you belive in that ----) made you that way. Its totally natural, and anyone who does not agree with that, is a pussy choir boy who got raped by the priest, or a god loving hobo that preys on little kids.

If it was un-natural, it would have been caused or made by something other than "gods work", but wait... There is nothing, therefore, it is only natural. If someone is gay, they never took a pill that turned them, they are gay from the start.

I too don't belive in marrage at all, but not for the reasons of thinking its wrong, for the reasons of its association with religion.

You know I'm always surprised when people come in and say they're :confused4 in favour of gay marriage; on the basis that "if they love one another why not". I have quite consistently stated my views; and while debate will always continue; no one ever addresses the finer points I want answered by those "in favour": IE: seeing as homosexuality is linked very heavily with other destructive behaviour; isn't it only right that we do our best to help people to quit the lifestyle? The only thing that stops me being surprised by the answers are because people seem to be of the mind that "if someone wants to smoke pot, crack or inject heroin - why shouldn't they be allowed to it's their body" - to which there are two responses - yes it's "their body" but as anorexia, it's a destructive thing; or; yes it's "their body" but drug use: spreads disease, violence, crime and floods gaols: over 90% of inmates in prisons are drug users; imagine if 90% of the prison population was to disappear?

Of course, I listen to the debate; and I'll tell you what I hear here in this thread alone (quotes, followed by translation):
  • "your comment seems a little homophobic." translation > "You obviously aren't intelligent".
  • "Why ban gay marrage? If they want to get married let them. See I was however under the impression that this was a free country." translation > "It's an attack on freedom".
  • "If they are in love and want to sign some stinking piece of paper that in reality means NOTHING, then let them." translation > "Marriage doesn't mean anything anyway".
  • "What people fail to realize is that if you take religion out of the picture, you're literally denying government-issued rights to a certain group of people, which is flat our discrimination and complete and utter bull----." (no translation necessary)
fnixws said:
Its not as if 1/2 the country will suddenly reveal its gay and go get married, and even if it did, the only real possible issue would be repopulation for future generations...
And depression, drug abuse, suicide, homicide, a 2,000% increase in HIV/AIDS infections alone - and vastly increased other diseases.
fnixws said:
Marriage PREDATES recorded history for 1, and some of the first people to record it, the Aincent Greeks HAD SAME SEX MARRIAGES!

Go do some research.

No, the STATE marrys people, you goto the registry office and sign the papers there. Untill this point, you are not Married.
Read what you just said. The Ancient Greeks, for instance, did not have any de jure "legal" status of Marriage - it was de facto "ceremonial" only - there was no signing papers. Correct me if I'm wrong - there is nothing preventing de facto relationships in the USA that are homosexual in nature, true? Well you can't have it both ways, which is it?
I agree with CnR, being gay isn't "natural" if it was there would be a even split of straight and gay people, it's made natural through our hormones that's it - it's partly natural but it can't be classed as natural.
That's a false argument. How many people are left-handed? 50%? Well it's not determined by genes, we know that - but it's no 50-50 split either. What about something that is determined by genes like say - blue eyes? How many people have blue eyes? 50%? No. Therefore your argument is invalid. However, there is no solid evidence that suggests that homosexuality is hard-wired any more than say there is for other pathological disorders. Disassociative gender identity disorder, etc.
But those are characteristics of a human and are determined by the two parties genes. You're not born gay, whatever anyone says.
No - handedness is NOT determined by any gene; and yet it IS hard-wired into our brains from birth so much so that there are physically observable differences in functionality. But - let's look at the other side of the coin - pathological disorders - I'm going to choose split personality disorder. This occurs at one stage AFTER birth in a person's life, usually in response to extreme trauma, and does manifest itself into a somewhat "hard-wired" state; although it's still considered a disorder because the person's mind is not functioning correctly (regardless of whether they have ANY control over it whatsoever). Therefore it isn't even necessary to prove that homosexuality can be controlled to still maintain its state as a pathological disorder.
I'm gonna end my conversations in this thread and hope it dies. All I'm gonna say is... If you guys had gay friends, or gay parents, or a gay best friend...Or if you grew up in a time like today, when it's widely accepted and people are less afraid of being slaughtered for coming out... Your opinions would be 100% different.
Really? You think I like being called homophobic, an hate-mongering bigot, and all the other insults I've received over the years? Do you think that YOU and the other's on YOUR side have a monopoly on receiving hate-fuelled insults, etc? Well you seem to think you have a monopoly on having gay friends - I've had them too; so you don't have a monopoly on that either.
That being said... It's not a choice, and you don't suddenly hit puberty and decide to chase the boys down... Ever since birth you always felt different, you did different things, you hung out with different people... it just took the hormones that occur during puberty to make you realize why you were different.
I know someone who was like this - "since childhood" she did things differently; she enjoyed more "boy things" than most girls. Thing is though, Dave, that she didn't become gay until she was ... 30. Before that she was straight. There are other examples I can give as well. Someone was telling me not long ago that a woman he knew had been convinced her son was gay when he was growing up as he seemed very affluent and wanted to spend most of his time with men. She later realized this was because he grew up without a father, and was craving a male role-model - he's straight.
Seriously ... this is de facto (and in some cases de juro in states gay marriage is illegal) prejudice against a group of people who are different from the majority in a given area.
De facto means "in fact", De jure means "in law". Of course, I could point out to you that a Marriage is consisted of both a de facto and a de jure component.

Of course, I like to raise this question from time to time: what about incestuous couples; do you agree with discriminating against them?

I do have one final point to make, one that I think will make some of you think twice. The rector at my Church not long after he became ordained was confronted by one of his friends who confided in him his sexuality. He chose specifically to go to him first - knowing in advance that he believed homosexuality is a sin. I think that's extraordinary - when I think of the sins I've committed and that I could have - and should have - confided in my rector probably firstly instead of not-at-all - and yet this guy did, for something that must have been truly consuming him.

• "your comment seems a little homophobic." translation > "You obviously aren't intelligent".
  • "Why ban gay marrage? If they want to get married let them. See I was however under the impression that this was a free country." translation > "It's an attack on freedom".
  • "If they are in love and want to sign some stinking piece of paper that in reality means NOTHING, then let them." translation > "Marriage doesn't mean anything anyway".
  • "What people fail to realize is that if you take religion out of the picture, you're literally denying government-issued rights to a certain group of people, which is flat our discrimination and complete and utter bull----." (no translation necessary)

De facto means "in fact", De jure means "in law". Of course, I could point out to you that a Marriage is consisted of both a de facto and a de jure component.
1. Hate to be such a ----, but I agree with and support the translation.
2. Again, I agree with and support the translation.
3. For most people I know, yeah, marriage doesn't mean anything.
4. See #2

And for the record, I ----ing know what de facto and de jure mean. I was not talking about marriage in general, but discrimination against gays and the banning of gay marriage.

:gtfomeksi

And all the hate you received for being anti-gay I support. Hell, I'd be one of the people throwing stones at you for being such a backwards ---- about it.

Last edited:
Back