• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Zhosting.tk -1000mb!!! - no bandwidth limit!! - PHP V.5!!! - Apache 2!!! - MySQL 4.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blackarib is doing the best possible you know.. Flaming free hosts shouldn't allowed because they are free, if they suck it doesn't affect anyone. A lot of effort is being put in to this and I think everyone should be greatful, or just find another host.

canardpress said:
Blackarib is doing the best possible you know.. Flaming free hosts shouldn't allowed because they are free, if they suck it doesn't affect anyone. A lot of effort is being put in to this and I think everyone should be greatful, or just find another host.
Yeah CanardPress is right, Blackarib is doing a great job and we should thank him

Hi Matt, will the signup page not load or what is your problem? We have tested and it is working for us now but if it is still not working for you please contact us for further assistance.

Ftp?

I have signed up for this host service to upload a phpbb forum v2.0.12. After I finished signup it states "Please note that you FTP account will not be activated immediately." I was curious when this account will be activiated or if I'm supposed to activate it somehow. I've tried logging on with CuteFTP, but it says

"COMMAND:> USER ToBXaH
331 Password required for ToBXaH
COMMAND:> PASS *****
530 Not logged in, user or password incorrect!
ERROR:> Not logged in.

After connecting, a dialog box comes up asking for the password. I enter the password and it says that ^, and the dialog box comes up again. The password is not incorrect. Thx.

This is not a problem, but as stated your FTP account will not work immediately, you do not have to anything though. It should be working now.

Awesome, ftp is up. The ftp speed is a kinda slow though. What are the system specifications of the hosting server/s? Will there be server tweaks or upgrades in the future? One more question, if I upload phpbb v2.0.12 script (newest) will it be functional or do I have to use your included scripts? Sorry for all the questions lol. Thx. :confused4

Yes, you can download the newest phpBB and it should work fine, we rae considering migrating to linux in the near future with new server and routing equipment.

I have another problem now. I've made it to the Phpbb installation screen for the forum, but I can't seem to connect to the database.

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

I have set up a MySQL database and its called tobxah_localhost, but I cant connect with it. I have also tried other names besides localhost and I've tried just localhost without tobxah_. Is the "_" causing this problem? Thx.

Have you set the MySQL hostname to "localhost"? Also the name of the database if username_databsename eg. myusername_phpbb. Hope this helps.

hi, ive got an acount with you, username = arkitek
i cant get into this or any of your domains, just wondering if the server is down or anything? thanks a lot.

BTW... although i cant get into it, lol, your a legend for providing this, good work.

Yes, the server was down, a tree fell on power lines and short circuted them, taking out the whole electricity substation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back