• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Zend & IonCube: Cracked or not?

RadixHosting

I found a thread here on FWS that had a small discussion regarding the possibility of reverse engineering Zend and/or IonCube encoded scripts. It got closed however because (as far as I could tell) the thread was old and some requested to close it.

Personally I have found a demo version of the Zend decoder and it DOES actually work. I tried it with several Zend encoded files from several projects (for testing purposes only). The owners of this decoder script also claims to have an application that turns IonCube encoded scripts into regular PHP, like their Zend decoder does. However, they ask a small amount of money per file to decode so I didn't even bother trying.

Now my question is: Has anyone tried this? The reason why I'm asking is because I develop PHP scripts myself for clients, and if Zend and IonCube are cracked, then I will have to look for something else to protect my files.

I opened this thread so developers can discuss how safe Zend and IonCube are at the moment. I did not open this thread to share information on HOW it is possible to crack Zend and IonCube, because that would be illegal and most probably against forum rules. So please do not post links to websites offering such services, else this thread will most probably get locked and/or removed and that won't help any of us PHP developers. :) If the mods/admins allow this (please let us know?) then we might be able to provide each other with proof in the form of screenshots.

There is currently not any proof that the current version of IonCube can be decoded.

Zend on the other hand, yeah, that has always been able to be decoded.

Well there are IonCube decoders out there, though not for free (and only accepting E-Gold which I don't have). If someone tried them and can provide a screen shot, that would be nice.

Off course use a test IonCube file you made/encoded yourself. ;)

Please send me this demo application, I want to see it for myself, no offence but people on the internet talk ---- ....

Nothing is uncrackable, however I've never seen tangible proof that Zend can be decoded, also, ionCube actually admitted that their software was reverse engineered a couple of versions ago like HS said, the latest version include all sorts of nonsense and I haven't seen any claims that it can be deciphered .... at any rate ...

PHP:
$ionCube = ( $Zend * 10^10 );

Please send me this demo application, I want to see it for myself, no offence but people on the internet talk ---- ....

Nothing is uncrackable, however I've never seen tangible proof that Zend can be decoded, also, ionCube actually admitted that their software was reverse engineered a couple of versions ago like HS said, the latest version include all sorts of nonsense and I haven't seen any claims that it can be deciphered .... at any rate ...

PHP:
$ionCube = ( $Zend * 10^10 );

Sent you a pm with the URL and proof of what I decoded myself.

Hi.
It´s possible decripter ioncube? i don´t now what version it´s.
how to see this version on my file?
thanks

Not sure I'm still working on the IonCube proof (had to buy e-gold which can be used for the decoding, but the e-gold transaction still needs to clear).

I'll keep you in touch.

And I don't know exactly how to check the IonCube version.

The truth is nothing is "unhackable" if its build by a human, it can be disassembled by a human. The same IT expert has a competition elsewhere in the world, except hes unemployed and has nothing to do, oh wait theres that IonCube/Zend that claims to be excellent...

Poking holes and finding the loop, is not hard when your into it, *iphone cracking

If i'm not wrong, several chinese sites offer these zend/ioncube cracked already, I'm not talking about warez, I'm talking about projects people attempt at while having hte world watch in suspense

Usually, IT'ers smart enough to perform such reverse engineering tasks, won't have any problems finding a decent job. So in most cases, such "hackers" are not unemployed.

Hi ,
So is there any way to decode ioncubed files ? I have more than 200 files to decode .... Is there any software or anything ?

Hi,

Is there any way to decrypt ioncubed files ??? Cause I have more than 200 php files to decode ....

thanks in advance..

Back