• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Your Favorite Books

Giancarlo

NLC
NLC
My Favorite are:

Reagan, In His Own Hand: The Writings of Ronald Reagan That Reveal His Revolutionary Vision for America - By: Ronald Reagan (The Hero of America)
Standing Firm - By: Dan Quayle (Excellent Book, very insightful and making the media look stupid for making Quayle look bad, very good book. I think he should be the US's Next President.)
Rainbow Six - By: Tom Clancy (Great Military Book, ROTC Like Teams.. I might be joining the ROTC myself in two years)
Executive Orders - By: Tom Clancy (A Good Political Book)

Last edited:
favorite book?

Hmm, good question. I don't think I have a favorite book though cause I never read. I think reading is against my religion or something.

my favorites are..

Masters of Deception ... about the famous group... forget who wrote it. hehe

and the book about Kevin Mitnick, by Jon Littman

heheheh okay, okay.. just kidding.

actually, read the Bible... the book of "Proverbs". although it's 3000 years old, it still applies to today. get a new translation, though... the "KJV" is a bit hard to understand

Some of my favorites:

1. Lord of the Rings

2. The earthsea cycle

3. 1984

4. Brave new world

5. Ender's game

6. The shannara books

7. The homecoming books

8. Journey to the west(Chinese)

9. San guo yen yi(chinese)

I more of a fantasy reader than anything else

I like the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling (sp?)
And the His Dark Materials series by Phillip Pullman...

I like the hardy boys. ;) no, just kidding

I have read and liked all books by Michael Crichton (writer of Jurassic Park), and John Grisham (writer of The Pelican Brief)
I also really enjoyed Prince of Tides, A Clockwork Orange and most books by mordecai richtler (died the other day) and the odd one by salman rushdie.

Not to be funny or anything, but my favorite book is Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot and Other Oberservations by Al Franken.

Then there is Running Man by Stephen King/Richard Bachman
When Harlie was One v2.0 by David Gerrold
The Rendevous with Rama series by Aurther C. Clark and Gentry Lee
Rants by Dennis Miller is good.
Any John Grisham book, I like The Chamber, The Brethren, A Time to Kill... waiting for 'A Painted House' to come out in paperback.
The Lord of the Rings trilogy by JRR Tolkien... the hobbitt too I guess. umm, that's all I can think of right now.

i generally like biographies or true crime books but there are always exceptions. right now i'm reading a book about the story of Led Zeppelin. not very education but i don't care. some of my other favorite books were
No One gets Out Alive - Story of Jim Morrison and the doors
Helter Skelter - about the infamous manson murders
Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter Thompsom
i want to read a clockwork orange i hear its better than the movie.
Stephen King is an awesome writer as well, i have read a lot of his stuff too.

Rainbow Six is my favourite although I haven't read it yet! :p

Michael Crichton is my one of my favourite authors. His Airframe was cool. Although his books on time when he was in med school are not that good.

Originally posted by jason

i want to read a clockwork orange i hear its better than the movie.

It is. it is a short book, and the special slang sort of dialect used keeps it from being so disturbing. ie: Alex does not rape women with his friends; he and his "droogs" give "devotchkas" the "old in-and-out."

anyways.. That kind of makes the book look real bad.

lastactionhero said:

Michael Crichton is my one of my favourite authors. His Airframe was cool. Although his books on time when he was in med school are not that good.

Airframe was cool, but i agree books like "five patients" and his other really early books really sucked except for "teminal man".

actually the movie stayed true to the book, somethings are in differnt order and there might be a chapter or 2 thats not in the movie but the movie captures the book quite well i thought.

Originally posted by jason
Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S Thompson
good book By coincidence I just finished reading it 2 days ago. Haven't seen the film but it's recommended (best seen on something I'm told)

Back