• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Yesterday, PayPal. Today, MasterCard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, apparently, credit card companies can determine HOW you spend your money now too!

Espionage of the US government...That is definitely illegal and treason.
How is it treason if they aren't a US Citizen? Which Assange isn't.

I'm a very keen Assange supporter and I have multiple WikiLeaks mirrors - very proud to support the cause.

You guys obviously don't read in to things all that well.

That is what the US are trying to charge them with, they can't. WikiLeaks has done nothing illegal. They are only putting papers which they receive, not actually get themselves, into the public domain as publishers. If they have, nearly all major UK newspapers should be arrested under the same law, and so should a few American ones like the NYTimes.

It won't stop WikiLeaks, I'm still supporting them. Even if they do charge Julian, it will not stop the cause. Thousands of people have already mirroed the a-bomb secret file which will be publicly released when/if he is charged. This is all one huge, one might say constructed mess, by the governments mentioned in the documents to cover their tracks.

Last edited:
That is what the US are trying to charge them with, they can't. WikiLeaks has done nothing illegal. They are only putting papers which they receive, not actually get themselves, into the public domain as publishers. If they have, nearly all major UK newspapers should be arrested under the same law, and so should a few American ones like the NYTimes.

It won't stop WikiLeaks, I'm still supporting them. Even if they do charge Julian, it will not stop the cause. Thousands of people have already mirroed the a-bomb secret file which will be publicly released when/if he is charged. This is all one huge, one might say constructed mess, by the governments mentioned in the documents to cover their tracks.

Its already been proven they gave away reports of where some of our soldiers were overseas. I do like the truth Wikileaks brings out, but giving away news about our soldiers' whereabouts cannot be forgiven.

Also, Jason, I didn't say he was a US citizen. But he is reporting about our government which is, by the book, espionage.

New York Times V. United States

Publishing confidential information is not illegal. Getting it is, but publishing it's a protected practice of journalism.

New York Times V. United States

Publishing confidential information is not illegal. Getting it is, but publishing it's a protected practice of journalism.

The New York Times does not give out our soldiers' whereabouts.

WikiLeaks has come under fire repeatedly--most recently by the U.S. government for its release of classified U.S. State Department documents. Some in government have even called for the site to be classified as a terrorist group.

Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-20024966-38.html#ixzz17ZX0MuCW
This is what bothers me, imagin visiting a site like wikileaks and getting raided for being in a terroist orignization?
Everyone should be up in arms about the fact the US could call for a journilist website to be classed as that, otherwise you just lost you freedom

The New York Times does not give out our soldiers' whereabouts.

If the US goverment had decent security in place, they wouldnt of gave out their soldiers whereabouts*
Wikileaks didnt do ---- but show that goverment security in the USA is extremly poor.
Wikileaks is just a group of every day people, if they can get that sorta info, imagian what the "terriosts" have already.

but giving away news about our soldiers' whereabouts cannot be forgiven.

Why exactly? But its fine if America receives documents on whereabouts of the "enemy"? Also the US government is YET to prove ANY WikiLeak documents have brought harm to anybody, solider or not. Even the last time they said it was a security issue for homeland and troops, both came up trumps as being false - just a way for the government to once again get the public on their side over "Homeland Security" and supporting troops.

And the most recent statistic I have suggests there are more than 1000 mirrors of wikileaks itself already. Seems like the more the government tries to fight it, the faster it spreads. Wikileaks itself has become an entirely new kind of virus, and the entire situation seems like it is being engineered to have an ending never before possible.

Not only that, but insurance.aes256 is available for download from a number of sources, including torrents. That file has spread even further and faster than the content mirrors themselves, and will probably continue to spread until this entire mess fades away.

The site itself is no different than MSNBC, it just reports on the stories it can find. Though some of the information on it is from less legitimate sources, but lacking info on said sources the governments have foolishly chosen to shoot the messenger.

Last edited:
Oh well, it really is none of my concern what happens to the site. As stated before, it is protected, or should be, under the 1st Amendment. Besides, I still like the truthful facts that can be found.

Meh, as long as there can be facts on there to get Obama out of the office faster, I'm okay with that.

But he is reporting about our government which is, by the book, espionage.

So when CNN and Fox News air the secret cables and they talk about which information was released... They're practicing Journalism, but when WikiLeaks does the same thing it's espionage?

No one wishes any harm to the US its just protecting freedom and giving the world access to embarsing cables that show that the US goverments over the last 10 years have been rather petty and dumb.
All this can do is help protect freedom & bring about a better tommrow for not only us but US goverment security and in fact all security around the world.
Has anyone noticed that as the years progress more and more freedom is being stipped from everyone in so called democracy ran countries??
Democracy is dead and the only way to bring it back to life and have a real say is to STOP voting major parties and start supporting the independents.
Please consider spreading this and voting independent in future.

I do support WikiLeaks, too; been following up all the strikes they've been giving to them (no paypal nor mastercard, and stuff)....

I don't think they have a bad cause, they certainly don't release those documents to harm good people, from what i've seen... =p

Oh yeah, apparently, credit card companies can determine HOW you spend your money now too!
Exactly. I'll be doing a blog entry on this very point. "Separation of powers"; service providers are not to imitate the law. PayPal is notoriously bad on this one, policing its usage by its client's. Iinet V AFACT.

PS: Wikileaks is journalism. If a crime is associated with the leaking of secret documents it is the person who leaked them that committed a crime; not the journalist.
I do like the truth Wikileaks brings out, but giving away news about our soldiers' whereabouts cannot be forgiven.
So what? Get over it.

One of the major problems (and there's a lot) with the US right now that I see is that companies have too much power within the the government. IMO a private organisation should have absolutely no power within the government.

Currently companies can pay the US gov to vote for bills in their favour. Lobbying is perfectly legal. In the UK (where it's illegal), if something ever happens that could imply something like this there's a major uproar - and there should be.

I also think there's a lot of bribery going down for winning government contracts - ---- Cheney just got called out for a major case. Clearly more has to be done.

How can the Government control a free market when the leaders of a market are controlling the government?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back