• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Yay or Nay

WideBand said:
That reminds me of my father ;)

I almost bought a Razr V3 once, but decided not to, mainly because the 5MB non-upgradeable memory seemed too small. I know it's more than people usually use, but I'm different.

I prefer phones with a RS-MMC or some other kind of memory card slot.

the 5MB can be upgraded to 7MB by flashing the firmware and using a custom one. Which will also let you enable video recording.

Robert said:
They have battery life of 7+ days. Plus they are great phones. Have their issues (like most phones),but overall a great phone.

Bulky? Not even. Fits in my pocket and nobody can even tell. Hell I can't even find it sometimes.

People I know who have had it say the talktime is poor for a phone of its price. But I think they have been talking crap, because I just looked at Nokia's of a similar price have about the same battery life... **Abuses sources**

I still reckon it is big (H x W) as far a flip phones go though.

bozley05 said:
People I know who have had it say the talktime is poor for a phone of its price. But I think they have been talking crap, because I just looked at Nokia's of a similar price have about the same battery life... **Abuses sources**

I still reckon it is big (H x W) as far a flip phones go though.

It is a tad longer than a usual phone, but really, I like it that way. When I was using the Nokia 8260 back in oh.. 2000/2001, it was extremely small at that time and just didn't "feel" right.

I love my Razr.

Robert said:
the 5MB can be upgraded to 7MB by flashing the firmware and using a custom one. Which will also let you enable video recording.

To tell you the truth, to this day I was under the impression that it has 9MB of memory. I must have read something wrong when I was previously shopping for a phone.

I only wonder why on earth doesn't the factory firmware support video recording in the first place.

WideBand said:
To tell you the truth, to this day I was under the impression that it has 9MB of memory. I must have read something wrong when I was previously shopping for a phone.

I only wonder why on earth doesn't the factory firmware support video recording in the first place.

Motorola built the phone with all the bells and whistles. Then the vendors (at that time only Cingular) told Motorola was features they wanted to allow and which they didn't. So Motorola "hide" the feature to do video recording. And so in order to use that feature, you must now use a custom firmware that utilizes the feature

I think I'll go for it.

Now i just gotta apply for a Visa at my bank.
And will use bidpay to send him that money order via my visa :)

In the meantime we'll see if he gets and rep points from the other 9 sales.

I guess I could check at those headers. What specifically am I looking for in there?

Oh my...

The dude is now selling 10 x LG L1400 phones
Is he working for LG now? :rolleyes:

He has this ebay Id-Verified logo in his profile.
Now im lost. scam or not?

Wojtek said:
Oh my...

The dude is now selling 10 x LG L1400 phones
Is he working for LG now? :rolleyes:

He has this ebay Id-Verified logo in his profile.
Now im lost. scam or not?

Sounds fishy to me...

Abort indeed

I just learned Futureshop/BestBuy will start selling those phones for Fido custumers on Monday the 14th.

249.99$ for 2yr contract

- 50$ FS giftcard
- 50$ FS giftcard
- 10$ FS giftcard

= cheap :p

Thread Done

contract is different.. you pay monthly as well. The ones in the auction seem non-contract, which, IMO, is good.

TWO-year contract. That's why it's cheap, they're lockin' you in, brotha.

haha, $249.99.....THAT SUCKS. I just got a new one for $100.00 even and a leather carrying case for $10 and only a 1 year contract. I GOT THE HOOK UP BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

Robert said:
They have battery life of 7+ days

no they dont. they have like a 4 to maybe five hour talk time with maybe a 6 day battery life on standby with no useage. i have the manual in front of me cause i have a new razr v3. close, but not correct.

Last edited:
well, i am not sure who it was, but someone here gave me negative feedback for no inparticular reason calling me an idiot. why, because i got a good deal on a phone and posted what the real battery life is? who ever it was, GROW UP! I didnt post anything wrong or anything to make me an idiot. sorry i said that the $250 deal sucks since you need a 2 yr contrat, and I got mine for $100 with only a 1 yr contract. I still say if he is getting it cheap, then get it, or else contact me, and i will get him hoocked up cheap too. :)

jstgermain said:
well, i am not sure who it was, but someone here gave me negative feedback for no inparticular reason calling me an idiot. why, because i got a good deal on a phone and posted what the real battery life is? who ever it was, GROW UP! I didnt post anything wrong or anything to make me an idiot. sorry i said that the $250 deal sucks since you need a 2 yr contrat, and I got mine for $100 with only a 1 yr contract. I still say if he is getting it cheap, then get it, or else contact me, and i will get him hoocked up cheap too. :)

maybe they just thought your post was stupid?

Back