• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

XMB Or Invision Board?

XMB or Invision Board?

• XMB

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Invision Board

Votes: 16 94.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Koopa

I have heard good things about both, which should I use for a popular board? Bearing in mind that once I have enough money I will convert to vBulletin.

Thanks.

invision board is awesome it's really easy to setup and has nice admin features as well as being easy to hack/customize.

I like the look of XMB, is it secure enough etc.? I know there's a lot of Invision Board fans here, are there any XMB fans on this board?

How? I haven't seen a skin for it.

I just want a board which my members can use until I get a vB.

Seeing as how vBull doesn't have a converter for neither InvisionBoard nor XMB, I wouldn't recommend either. Then again, I wouldn't recommend either anyway.

Last edited:
I assumed vB had a converter for Invision Board or XMB. Are you sure there aren't converters for them?

There isn't yet anyhow and neither is currently under development.

phpBB, UBB 5 & 6, WWWThreads, Ultraboard, Ezboard, Open Topic, iKonBoard 3 (CGI), and DCForum are the only official converters from vBulletin.

Use invision board and screw converting use the money to make your site better........or do you not have a site with it?

Originally posted by Bruce
Then again, I wouldn't recommend neither anyway.

AHHHH double negative.

i would recomment xmb if you are looking for easy customization, and invision board if you are going to have a lot of members and activity at your board.

Originally posted by Gayowulf
AHHHH double negative.
Oh don't get your panties in a bunch now. I'm well aware of proper grammar. 'Twas nothing more than a typo. :p

I'll use Invision Board and if I need to convert, I'll convert to phpBB 2 and then to vBulletin :D

Once you use Invision Board, you will not want to switch. (Probably) by the time you save up enough money for vB, you will upgrade to v1.1 and you will decide not to switch.... Then you'll buy yourself a nice jacket with the money you saved to treat yourself for making the right choice.

People can dream, can't they?

Have you seen how slow XMB is and how many bugs it has? If not, I suggest you try both of the software... I've used both, IMO, Invision Board is second to vB until version 1.1 comes out.

I'll try XMB to see if it's any good :)

Edit- The XMB support forums seem pretty slow and there a quite a few bugs reported in the bugs forum....

I think Invision Board would be the best for me in that case :)

The only thing I have against Invision Board is: I don't like the look that much (I prefer XMB's look) and when I post support posts at the Invision Board support forums, I don't seem to get replies :(

Last edited:
I like XMB too, I had used it last winter (version 1.5) it was good but upgrades, fixes, and new versions made months to come and the XMB community wasn't the best at the time. Don't know now if things have changed. Invision Board surprised me for speed and features and although it's still a new product I suggest it.

And something else, if you have the money get vB, otherwise forget about it and don't care about converters and the rest.
Just build your board and enjoy creating your community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back