• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

WWIII coming?

trenzterra

NLC
I may think that World War III is coming.
I saw yesterday on TV that if that damn Osama doesn't own up on the terrorist attacks on Tuesday, United States may bomb Afghanistan.

US now have the rights to bomb Afghanistan...

Will this result in Terrorist War I or World War III?

IF Osama is the mastermind, we're in trouble...
And Afghanistan is protecting him...
Or maybe it'll be Afghanistan against the whole world?

I don't think you can call it a real World War in the sense of the other 2 unless you have 2 sides close to evenly matched.

You could call it the first worldwide war against terrorism, since there've never been so many countries joining against terrorism.

Nah, it won't be on the scale of a world war. No civilized/first-world country is going to join forces *against* the United States. Don't get me wrong; if there is millitary action it will make Dessert Storm look like kids playing with firecrackers, but it isn't going to be to the degree of a world war.

I don't think it will be so much bigger than the gulf war in terms of number of bombs dropped / troops deployed. These guys (the afghans) really are very poor and weak, and are unable to offer serious military resistance. A bombing campaign on the scale of the gulf war would completely destroy them.

I learned that more Brits were killed in the attacks on the US than during the Gulf War, this gives us some idea of how big a retalliation is expected on the part of NATO.

On the other hand they resisted the Russian invasion, but that was a pretty low-tech, outdated approach. The Afghans have no idea of modern warefare and what damage it will do them.

They will submit and give up Bin Laden after a small, carefully planned US assault.

I heard today that Pakistan is considering refusing to host western troops - and that the majority of people there were pleased by the attacks on the US.

Although the afghan retalliation maybe small, the war on terrorism that's being declared is on a scale never before seen, and will take many years to make significant progress.

These guys (the afghans) really are very poor and weak, and are unable to offer serious military resistance.
No kidding... they've got kids holding smg's...
They will submit and give up Bin Laden after a small, carefully planned US assault.
I actually doubt it.
the majority of people there were pleased by the attacks on the US.
No kidding... those mfr's were cheering!! :mad::mad:

My question.

Why would Afganistan risk being blown of the map over one guy?

Money? Hummmmmmm.... :devious2:

Originally posted by Gayowulf
Look at it from their point of view.

How can you even be dumb enough to suggest that any point of view justifies cheering over the deaths of thousands of Americans.

That's not what he said. Those cheering had been brought up, all their lives, believing that America is synonymous with evil. They cheered because they honestly thought that their good underdog was defeating the evil American overlord, they didn't and still don't know any better. They only know what they've been lead to believe. That doesn't, by any means, justify the attack, but it should tell you that you shouldn't be too hostile towards those are only guilty of being ignorant.

Originally posted by sianews
It won't be the sole cause, but will lead the the prohecised war of Armeggedon.
I don't think there will be a war, and there definately won't be the war of Armeggdedon.

I still think if we go this way ---> to Afganistan

then we be watch what happens this way <----

Ah Hem, China, Russia.

I don't know, these countries came out and denounced
the attacks, but could this be a front?

This could turn into a big mess. Look at Japan in WWII,
they stayed quite until they bombed us.

What has Japan said in this?

Last edited:
Back