• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Would you use Direct Admin?

well DA is good but Cpanel is so popular now that everybody is asking for specially if you want to transfer a site from a hosting comany to another.

I've used DA and it was very easy to use. Once the interface is made to look more user friendly I'm sure it will pick up it's popularity.

I never got too familiar with DA because the customers always wanted cPanel. From what I've seen of it, it's pretty easy to use, and I wouldn't mind using it.

It is sure that direct admin is slowly replacing the Cpanel end users, this days i am seeing many server providers are checking direct admin as a control panel and provide it with many of their package also many server admin companies are offering direct admin support, If this trend continues soon the Direct admin will have a good share in the control panel market

1 ) You have to buy installatron script for installing scripts like Fantastico
2) Not many are supporting direct admin servers like Cpanel servers
3) Few software's pre installed in Cpanel will not come with DA you have to install it

but this is very few to name, overall the resource usage of DA is too low compare to Cpanel so this runs fast and allows your server to run fast

1. So? You will have to buy Fantastico as well if you want to use it on cPanel servers ... and Installatron also functions on cPanel :)
2. The DA community is bigger then one could imagine, there are a lot of knowledgeable people on the DA forums and not one problem is left unsolved.
3) What comes pre-installed with cPanel? that's just the thing i hate about cPanel.
Everything is included, no one has to learn a snap of how to manage a server through a command line ... cPanel does it all ...

I believe that here we have 2 sides of the story:
from one hand you have customer which aware or prefer one CP and you as web hosting provider who also like or prefer the CP
I think that is very vital follow the customers' wishes

I like DA better than cPanel. But due to consumers not knowing any better, cpanel is needed to sell hosting ;)

DA price is another asset, it's almost twice cheaper than Cpanel.
The cheaper license makes your hosting package less expensive.

I have to admit - $20 per server should not make a huge differance to the cost of shared/reseller hosting on that server, spread over 80 clients, thats only $.25 per client.

People (Consumers) like "brand power". Just like in the shops, people would rather by a well known branded item, than a lesser known brand, even though the well known brand is more expensive.

Thats why for the time being, DirectAdmin will not do as well as cPanel.

I have to admit - $20 per server should not make a huge differance to the cost of shared/reseller hosting on that server, spread over 80 clients, thats only $.25 per client.

People (Consumers) like "brand power". Just like in the shops, people would rather by a well known branded item, than a lesser known brand, even though the well known brand is more expensive.

Thats why for the time being, DirectAdmin will not do as well as cPanel.

True and brand power is different in each country, in belgium for instance DirectAdmin is the leading panel and in the netherlands as well.
In Germany Confixx is the leading control panel.

Back