• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Would you use Direct Admin?

JasonS

What goes here?
NLC
Hello,

I know and I am aware of the fact that most users here do use cPanel as their control panel.

But please visit http://www.directadmin.com/demo.html and give Direct Admin a try. I'm looking at offering Direct Admin shared hosting very soon and I just want to know that after using the demo, would you use it?

I love DA always have liked it over cPanel. That is why I have my own vps for my sites with it :)

Hello,

I know and I am aware of the fact that most users here do use cPanel as their control panel.

But please visit http://www.directadmin.com/demo.html and give Direct Admin a try. I'm looking at offering Direct Admin shared hosting very soon and I just want to know that after using the demo, would you use it?

I would use it. I was actually planning on offering it as well but there just doesn't seem to be as much demand for DA as cPanel so I haven't expanded there yet.

It just takes getting used to. More people tend to stick to cPanel because they're already familiar with it.

I think that DA is a much better control panel than cPanel as of right now. You only need one login to do EVERYTHING! The only thing that it is lacking would be the extract tool in the file manager.

We plan on adding DirectAdmin under another brand as we've had a fair few people request it or enquire if we provide it. It's not my cup of tea personally but it's very easy to use and manage.

Although I prefer cPanel, I would still offer DirectAdmin services if needed.

It's not a bad control panel. I've had experience with DirectAdmin.

I think that DA is a much better control panel than cPanel as of right now. You only need one login to do EVERYTHING! The only thing that it is lacking would be the extract tool in the file manager.

They have been working on more important features, such as security. I believe DA is better in both security AND performance compared to cPanel.

But, the suggestion has been noted and may be released in a future release.

We are using DA in 6 servers,it works fine, give best performance with low memory usage and resource usage. The features of the DA is good and really easy to understand and use, the suggestion we have is the skin of the DA should be changed in the near future and should be made more attractive.

I'd use DirectAdmin over cPanel 90% of the time. As Jan said, it's such an easy system to use.

We are using DA in 6 servers,it works fine, give best performance with low memory usage and resource usage. The features of the DA is good and really easy to understand and use, the suggestion we have is the skin of the DA should be changed in the near future and should be made more attractive.

Yes, the skin right now isn't the best. But, it's not the worst either. Besides, you can easily create your own skin. I was thinking of making some skins for DA, but I no longer use DA as my VPS is cPanel based.

We are using DirectAdmin since their very first release and there where many days that i cursed the living daylight out of john from DirectAdmin when it didn't work like it was supposed to.

They have always choosen for security over extra functions and looks.
The looks can be changed, and the extra functions are coming along as well.

I would be suprised if something like the EasyApache 2.x problems would occur with DirectAdmin.

A lot of people find cPanel much easier to use then DA, when I used DA (Over 3 years back) it was not my cup of tea, I was one of the many people fixated on cPanel. But now I wouldn't mind getting back into DA.

[UW]Glenn;1054873 said:
A lot of people find cPanel much easier to use then DA, when I used DA (Over 3 years back) it was not my cup of tea, I was one of the many people fixated on cPanel. But now I wouldn't mind getting back into DA.

True enough. DA has actually improved over the last year or so alone. If it wasn't for the fact I'm so use to cPanel, and too lazy to learn all the tricks and loops to DA I'd probably switch.

Though, I wouldn't mind telling my friends about it for something a little more simpler then cPanel. :)

I dont think you would be getting much free support for DA as you can get it for cPanel on their forum or at other webforums ;) cPanel is much popular and is widely used ;)

What might be the cons of using DA on dedicated servers?

1 ) You have to buy installatron script for installing scripts like Fantastico
2) Not many are supporting direct admin servers like Cpanel servers
3) Few software's pre installed in Cpanel will not come with DA you have to install it

but this is very few to name, overall the resource usage of DA is too low compare to Cpanel so this runs fast and allows your server to run fast

Back