• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

WORST Free Host

Crosswinds used to be good.. 3-4 years ago, no banners, unlimited space, and at that time i didn't know what cgi, php, etc was. so it was the best.

geocities

For my final ranting post of the day before I slip out into the world of clubs and freak-outs .....

I bash geocities.com ..... big-time!!

At one time, geocities was filled with a wealth of this&thats.
Now it is just a forest of lame personal sites filled with those corny midi songs and 1000 java applets on each page.
*shudders*

This should have been a poll

Midi <==ROTFLMAO I'm a musician...and everytime I enter a site with that cheap $20 keyboard midi stuff on it, I laff my head off...then "click" :D

Geocities is the biggest load of dung that has ever existed, with their stupid, low bandwidth limits that make all sites there just plain worthless. Their damn in window corner advertisement suck on donkey crap. They truely have got to be the worst free host that I have ever used. The second worst would most definitely be Crosswinds, who suck almost as bad as Geocities. Angelfire also sucks, as do FreeWebspace and Topcities. FortuneCity is good only if you have an account from before the space limit changes.

Why don't Geocities know that they stink and improve? It can't cost that much compared to losing half of the members. :chinese2:

I think that it's because there are so many sites hosted by Geocities out there and they have so many users that they really don't need to change anything. When people surf the net looking at sites, they see a bunch of Geocities sites, and so when they go to get a host, they just get Geocities because they don't know any better.

Originally posted by anarchistvi
I think that it's because there are so many sites hosted by Geocities out there and they have so many users that they really don't need to change anything. When people surf the net looking at sites, they see a bunch of Geocities sites, and so when they go to get a host, they just get Geocities because they don't know any better.
Yeah. Perhaps they could advertise "Geocities is well-known for trapping newbies with the Geocities Trap!". :D

Geocities sucks! But they're still better than lame-o Homestead. As for Crosswinds, why don't they just die already? They were king a year and a half ago, now they're just crap unless you pay, and I've heard that even their paid service sucks. CW needs to get it through their thick skulls that if a rich company like NBC can't support an unmetered space/bandwidth FWP with a large file size limit, then six people who have worked a long time for no pay and are probably in the poor house can't either!

Last edited:
Originally posted by LeX
Namezero is no free host!

<info>
First post from my new XP laptop ;)
</info>

Namezero never offered free hosting, only free domains at one time.

I think that the person is confused.

(But namezero did have a awful banner at the bottom of the page)

Back