• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

World Idol

Originally posted by Blank Verse
So you're saying that the stuff you see on Idol is real? Congratulations, you've bought into the masterplan of the television and recording industries plan to destroy music. I'm not going to sit here and say that the people on the Idol shows can't sing, cause most of them obviously can. But they're all competing for a contract where everything outlined in it is aesthetically fake. If they win, they pretty much give up any freedom. They have to sing songs that other people write for them (most times so horribly generic that you can't tell who's singing what anymore), wear what other people tell them to wear, tour and appear on TV shows that they're essentially forced to do in exchange for the recording contract, and have to be on the equally fake MTV 24/7. It's so bland, repetitive, and just bad for music, and the fact that the show even exists proves that it's more about the money that the industries can make by exploiting people than actually producing good music.

You can't deny that programs like popidol are good for discovering new talent that would otherwise probably never had been discovered.

So you're saying that the stuff you see on Idol is real? Congratulations, you've bought into the masterplan of the television and recording industries plan to destroy music. I'm not going to sit here and say that the people on the Idol shows can't sing, cause most of them obviously can. But they're all competing for a contract where everything outlined in it is aesthetically fake. If they win, they pretty much give up any freedom. They have to sing songs that other people write for them (most times so horribly generic that you can't tell who's singing what anymore), wear what other people tell them to wear, tour and appear on TV shows that they're essentially forced to do in exchange for the recording contract, and have to be on the equally fake MTV 24/7. It's so bland, repetitive, and just bad for music, and the fact that the show even exists proves that it's more about the money that the industries can make by exploiting people than actually producing good music.

Where do I Sign up?

Originally posted by Belgiumdude
You can't deny that programs like popidol are good for discovering new talent that would otherwise probably never had been discovered.

If you had read my post, you would notice that I did in fact admit that. But it's also clear that they get exploited by practically everybody with any power. They may get discovered, but as soon as they win that big prestigious record contract, they've pretty much signed away their soul.

If you had read my post, you would notice that I did in fact admit that. But it's also clear that they get exploited by practically everybody with any power. They may get discovered, but as soon as they win that big prestigious record contract, they've pretty much signed away their soul.

Everyone who enters this contest knows that they will have to do things that they don't like.Nevertheless their big dream will come through ,they will make a record ,they will give concerts for thousands of people,they will be idolated...and you know recordcompanies have to make money too..
At the end it's all about music.I've heard songs of Popidols and I have to say some of them are pretty good and it seems like many people enjoy listening to them,so what are we talking about.

If it were all about the music, then these people would never enter these contests in the first place, cause if they were true artists, they'd want to sing their own songs, play their own music, and not be a slave to what a bunch of higher ups want. And then they're marketed in such a way that people will idolize them because they've been brainwashed too.

And I'm not saying the Pop Idol songs are bad...well, ok, anything Kelly Clarkson has had made for her has been pretty bad, but some of the songs are ok. I don't like 'em, but that doesn't make them bad. But it doesn't make it right for these corporate fatcats to come around and exploit these young talents like they do. And that's what we're talking about.

<add>not to mention, it kills the rest of the music industry. Honest, hard working musicians with original, creative, and most times, better music don't ever get the kind of recognition they deserve, and a lot of them you'll never hear, because everyone's playing the shit out of these pop Idols, with all the watered down, generic songs they're forced to sing. It becomes so unoriginal and patterned, and that's not a healthy thing.

Last edited:
Back