• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Wondering about other webmasters

FeediaCo

I have been in business for almost a 8 months and I do not have any shared, paid customers and only 2 paid customers that are resellers. How long does it take for a business such as mine to start getting more revenue? Please share your experiences.

*If this is in the wrong topic please move. Thank you*

It can take up to 2 + years for a hosting company or business to start making any signs of profit.
You will find yourself spending more but if you stick with it and can handle the stress etc, you should start making profits eventually.
Just market it well.

What I've found is, you need to have your own dc or have colo to make any real money. Renting dedicated servers is always the better option (I mean you own the box, not reselling for another company). Think of it like this, why should you pay $200 /mo to xx provider & make a lousy $10 from xxx client were you could make the full $200 by renting the box yourself but I wouldn't recommend this until you've had some experience in normal shared/reseller hosting first, build your capital etc etc.

Goodluck.

I think you're probably just marketing the company improperly, you shouldn't necessarily be making profit, but only 2 clients in 8 months is not the norm.

2 resellers and no shared! Downsize (go for shared customer) and work up the way till you get working capital.

Oh, you have to work every hour sent to you for ages :)

None from me mate my new office is still waiting for a bloody phone line after 4 weeks (there seem to be complications - what - the lines are in and a provide switch will do arrgghh!), and I'm up to my armpits in cables (all mine I will admit) as I wouldn't go for the simple approach and tack some 'round the side', but I had to go back home for some peace to take care of the general running.

Yeh right :lol:

Not putting you off Proshosting are we?

None from me mate my new office is still waiting for a bloody phone line after 4 weeks (there seem to be complications - what - the lines are in and a provide switch will do arrgghh!), and I'm up to my armpits in cables (all mine I will admit) as I wouldn't go for the simple approach and tack some 'round the side', but I had to go back home for some peace to take care of the general running.

Yeh right :lol:

Not putting you off Proshosting are we?

Lol, cables suck, am waiting for a wireless server room, imagine that :p.

Wireless data center....can hear the cancer growing :p

But my question is whether you are actually advertising?

If I could make a suggestion...It would be to remove the proxy link from your page, get rid of the free hosting and spend that extra money on getting a billing system that works. Then redesign your page. Noone wants to signup using a forum, and the design link on your site leads to a 404 error. It looks unprofessional and that alone would keep me from signing up if I were looking.

Also, your packages are pretty large for the price. Do you have the infrastructure to handle 5-6 customers using all of that space for that price on those reseller packages?

Also, when signing up for a reseller package the link takes you to meebo chat, which you are not active on. So I wonder... How often are you active? Either way...If I were to be signing up with a package and it took me some place to leave a message so you could get back with me and then I'd have to send information then try to figure out how to pay.....

Yeah, that customer is going to move on.... You are doing one thing right, you're with Softlayer so I think you could be a viable reseller if you've been in business 8 months with no customers and stuck it out. Although, if you don't fix the issues I have mentioned. I think you will be in this same boat 8 months from now.

Good luck

Last edited:
Well for one proshosting, sort you website out, thats the major factor that is letting you down.

Wireless data center? What's the point, wired connections can achieve so much more reliable speeds and linkage. Imagine trying to give people 100% network connectivity when you have about 100 wireless feeds to worry about.

Get your service known to a much wider range of webmasters out there. I would also perhaps re-think on certain areas such as website layout and content. (why do you have a proxy section "only for me!"?)

Back