• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Windows Vista

Bruce said:
Well I hope you didn't just "save" the file to a DVD like you say... you need to burn it as an image.

You can be cruel at times :p

I'm sort of sure they're not a complete muppet :biggrin2: :bkick:

Well, make sure your BIOS is set to boot from the CD first.

Hit Del (usually, though use whatever key it says to when you startup) to enter CMOS Setup.

I've got as far as "Windows is loading files" and I get:

Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing, or corrupt.

File: \WINDOWS\system32\winload.exe

Hehe - that one does usually get a response :)

Why didn't you think of that though shiftypsycho it's been the standard install route for years now :)

Which one do you want to be Rolf, Kermit ?

Just joking mate LOL

Does the system actually look at the DVD, as in does the light flash and does it spin up, is the BIOS set to default to CD boot, is there an option to select the boot device...

Just some stuff to cut down the questions comming to help :)

In fact start your OS normally and look at the contents of the DVD, do a My Computer and open the DVD drive - look for an autorun.inf file.

It might be setup as an upgrade only, so you would have to run it from windows to install it.

Decker said:
Does the system actually look at the DVD, as in does the light flash and does it spin up, is the BIOS set to default to CD boot, is there an option to select the boot device...

Just some stuff to cut down the questions comming to help :)
He said he got it to boot off of the DVD and start copying files. They he got an error which he posted above.

Back