• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Windows Vista

stuffradio said:
Here is how to apply for a beta test for Windows Vista:

send an Email to wdkfb@microsoft.com

.NET Passport e-mail name: john@microsoft.com
• Name: John Smith

• Company: Company you work with

• Address: Street Address

• City: City where you live

• State: State or province

• Zip code: 11111 lol

• Phone number including country code: 1-555-555-5555
• E-mail name: john@microsoft.com

After doing that, it'll take a couple days. Someone will send you an email stating your application is being processed. After another two days or so your going to get an email saying your accepted! yay, than we can all celebrate!

can we use gmail to email them ?

We are pleased to offer you an early preview of the Microsoft® Windows® Vista™ formerly code-name "Longhorn" and Internet Explorer 7 by extending this invitation to join the Windows Vista beta program.
Thanks stuffradio, I am eternally in your debt :biggrin2:

I'm burning it from the iso right now. :) Should probably mention you need a DVD burner, or splitting the ISO might work.

Splitting the ISO results in "SETUP.EXE is not a valid Win32 Application" or something similar.

Burnt it to DVD - not done much difference. I'll try again tommorrow, I've lost patience with it now!

I have access to the 'proper' licensed software site for MS - the BETA's at the moment are very risky, trying IE7 now and it's a disaster. Avoid it if you can unless you feel like having a go at it.

Oh meant to say - DON'T DO IT.

It's a nightmare, it fecks up display drivers, comms, you name it.

I'm in touch with MS about the faults I've found so far. Even they are a bit, well unforthcomming.

Editing again as EI7 tends to add characters to posts

Last edited:
Microsoft Beta software has always been risky, hell, even the first final releases generally are. It's generally a good idea to be careful until at least the first service pack.

But with that said, betas aren't meant to be used in a production environment or anything. I hope you don't run the Vista beta as your main OS.

As a proper MS registered partner I'll just mirror Bruce's reply, unless your qualified to debug then don't - especially now as it gets more involved in the OS.

Yeah I am just running it as a second OS, just to see what it's all about. I ran 4074 or whatever the old release was.

Yeah, I'm running it on my computer upstairs on wireless :D it supported the old D-Link Dwl-120+ or something but not a netgear wg11u or something, rofl :S

Decker said:
I have access to the 'proper' licensed software site for MS - the BETA's at the moment are very risky, trying IE7 now and it's a disaster. Avoid it if you can unless you feel like having a go at it.

Oh meant to say - DON'T DO IT.

It's a nightmare, it fecks up display drivers, comms, you name it.

I'm in touch with MS about the faults I've found so far. Even they are a bit, well unforthcomming.

Editing again as EI7 tends to add characters to posts
Lol, Microsofts betas always suck, but its nice to see how long I can use it before it crashes into the BSoD

Well this is what i put in.

.NET Passport e-mail name: linkinparkfan007@gmail.com
• Name: Frank Ong

• Company: Not Shown

• Address: Not Shown

• City: Not Shown

• State: Ontario

• Zip code: Not Shown

• Phone number including country code: Not Shown
• E-mail name: linkinparkfan007@gmail.com

Now Waiting For The Approval You Think This Is Okay?

Note i edited the not shown parts.

NOOOOB... sorry I just wanted to find a thread I could put that in, this was the only one I could think of Note: Not calling Mike Shinoda a noob... just saying NOOB to get it out of my system. Anyways, Yeah, I think it's ok.

shiftypsycho said:
Here's the deal. I saved the ISO file to a DVD. What do I need to do next?
Well I hope you didn't just "save" the file to a DVD like you say... you need to burn it as an image.

Back