• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Windows Vista...

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium on my HP Laptop with a 1.66GHZ Intel Centrino Duo Proccessor, 2gb of ddr2 ram and a sweet Geforce Go 7800 Graphics card and i have seen NO speed decrease from XP media center edition.
Aero is enabled and i can easily have like 25 programs open without ANY decrease in speed. I usually Play World of Warcraft, I've got Utorrent running minimized along with Aim, MSN, Yahoo messenger, itunes, xfire, and usually a few Firefox's open, and also ventrilo. I dont see a speed decrease at all.

As I said, RAM is the key. If you got that, you got one of the best OS experiences in the world.

just upgraded or downgraded depending on how you want to look at it from Vista Ultimate beta to Vista Home Premium. It backed my files up for me! As far as I remember all the older versions just whiped out the entire hard drive :)

If I was buying a new PC, I'd wait until the early days of December this year to get one with it being not far from being a year old at that point. As for the RAM, I noticed Dell are offering the PCs with adequate amount of RAM.

I have heard alot of complaints about Vista, I plan to wait until mid July and see what the feedback is then. I am hoping all the bugs will have been cleaned up by then. I also plan to get a new pc when I get Vista, so there will probably be more hardware optimized for Vista then.

What's the power of your T64 processor? You need to have 2GB of RAM instead of 1GB for the full experience.

Did you mean AMD T64 2Ghz? If so that's fast enough. But you really need another GB of RAM.

Going to get new ram on PC fair.......
but do i need any driver for my hardware if i install vista on my NB?

All your hardware will need Vista-compatible drivers. Some of the XP drivers have been working though, but I would check before you make any big decisions

I've heard both positive and negative reviews about Vista, so just exactly how good is Vista?

The feedback you get is biased. Best bet is to go to someones house who has it or go to a store or whatever you want and try it out for a while yourself.

Back