• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Windows Vista...

Dehisce

Don't bother unless your running a QUAD AMD64 with 10GB RAM because otherwise you'll end up with a system like mine.... SLOW!

I running P4 3Ghz with 1GB ram.

It reminds me of the days when windows 95 was booting on a 75Mhz system with 16MB ram.

Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed at how slow Vista is. And what irks me is that mos t new computers in the tech stores come with only 512MB of RAM!!!

I'm running Vista Ultimate on a P4 3Ghz + 2GB RAM and I must say I am impressed with the speed, I have had no slow downs and everything runs smoothly. Upgrade the RAM and see what results you get.

I'm running AMD 64 4000+ Single Core
1 GB RAM

and it's not running that slow on my end :)

Plus it's an RC1 beta rofl

Don't bother unless your running a QUAD AMD64 with 10GB RAM because otherwise you'll end up with a system like mine.... SLOW!

I running P4 3Ghz with 1GB ram.

It reminds me of the days when windows 95 was booting on a 75Mhz system with 16MB ram.

The worst part is, once you get that computer, all of it's resources will be taken up by Vista!!!

It's like...you spend countless thousands on this tops computer, only to have the frikkin operating system take up all the resources, disabling you from using them for anything else.

RIDICULOUS!!!!

Linux FTW :cool2:

I've got a dual core 2.2ghz amd + 3GB RAM, runs like a beaty on mine (although it does take a minute or two to boot up, so I mainly keep it on sleep).

heres my problem: my windows xp machine is dying/dead.
however i need it to create tutorials so i can make a successful tutorial site which earns me money so i can buy a new macbook.

problem is, every time i nearly finish a video tut it crashes, wasting 30mins work, deleting all my cookies (god only knows) and taking 10 min to boot again. since i cant work, i cant buy a macbook, since i cant get a new macbook im stuck with my current pc. nnngh.

(and linux wont play nice with my laptop)

Im ruining on a dual core AMD. Nothin much..1GB DDR Ram.. and Vista is 5x quicker for me. On startup I can browse the internet and manage all my files while waiting for everything to load...not possible in XP it break downs and cries. I only get a slow down when I run about 6 things. Which means FF, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Open Pandora and MSN.

The worst part is, once you get that computer, all of it's resources will be taken up by Vista!!!

It's like...you spend countless thousands on this tops computer, only to have the frikkin operating system take up all the resources, disabling you from using them for anything else.

RIDICULOUS!!!!

Linux FTW :cool2:

That's actually the great thing about Vista, it uses pretty much everything available. Doing so makes other processes faster, such as the search tool which I use quite often, it is faster than it would have ever been on XP.

That's actually the great thing about Vista, it uses pretty much everything available. Doing so makes other processes faster, such as the search tool which I use quite often, it is faster than it would have ever been on XP.
The search tool is wonderful.

I moved to vista last week am very impressed, I have a vista compatible laptop and runs fine, Core2 Duo 1.73Ghz, 1GB ram. Couple of days ago I stuck a 2gb memory card and used "readyboost". works great, card flushed away and gives that little kick of performance. The only downside is novell is not designed for it yet. Need to wait a couple of months

Agreed. I would much rather run 4GB of ram in my system to have a powerful, multimedia rich OS that runs at blazing speeds, then a OS that takes only 150MB of RAM to run and doesn't do very much automation.

Very true. Vista and XP handle memory completely on opposite terms. XP believe in prefetching only a small amount of programs in memory and had the belief that using the LEAST amount of memory possible was best. Vista believes in using as much memory as possible to "superfetch" programs and applications on a schedule-use system. Very cool idea, really.

I don't recommend Vista on anything less than 1gb of memory however. I have had the displeasure of working on some 512mb vista boxes, and even running Vista Home Basic with no Aero, they are HORRIBLY slow.

AMD Athlon 64 3800+ w/1.5gb memory here with Vista Ultimate with Aero turned on. Running pretty solid for me.

I agree with those who say Vista is not very good. After all, WinXP also has wxWidgets that you can get for free. If you do get wxWidgets, you can finally run the SVN Command Prompt application. :D

how fast would you guy think if i install vista ultimate on
AMD T64 2GB
1 GB DDR2

do i need any driver?
What's the power of your T64 processor? You need to have 2GB of RAM instead of 1GB for the full experience.

Did you mean AMD T64 2Ghz? If so that's fast enough. But you really need another GB of RAM.

Back