• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Will the real 4G please stand up?

DarkBlood

NLC
NLC
We won't have real 4G for decades. 100mbps on a phone network? Can't see that happening any time soon.

edit: then again, something called DC-HSDPA w/MIMO has 84.4Mb/s which is pretty damn impressive.

Last edited:
I thought Sprint's WiMAX was the true 4G? Or isn't that the ClearWire tech over there?

Ah who cares, as long as the UK get's 4G soon I'm happy.

I thought Sprint's WiMAX was the true 4G? Or isn't that the ClearWire tech over there?

Ah who cares, as long as the UK get's 4G soon I'm happy.

4G doesn't exist yet. We already have HDSPA which is faster than 3G.

WiMax is not 4G, it is it's own protocol entirely that is closer in nature to Wifi with a range boost. There is talk of using WiMax as a back-end carrier for 4G towers in remote sites though.

I can't speak of T-Mobile everywhere, but T-Mobile in Southern California is pathetic.

Dropped calls & no signal.

I dont really like paying $10 extra every month for 4g coverage with Sprint though, when I have to drive 300 miles to get it.

Loads of rubbish. T-Mobile here in the UK sucks, it's making Orange here suck too now they're merging to make the biggest mobile phone network.

T-Mobile will never lead any new technology, period.

There is 4g networks, but I doubt T-Mobile has it. To my knowledge, only sprint does.

Everyone here does realize that 3G/4G is just different generations of a network, right?

3G - 3rd Generation.
For AT&T, Edge is 2nd Generation, and the normal signal is 1st Generation.

4G - 4th Generation
For Sprint, they have 4 generations of networking. They also have 3G, and 2G, as well as the first generation.

I'm assuming this is the same for T-Mobile. The speeds of each network will be different because they developed differently and are not set to some standard.

All any of the G's are, are different levels of speed. Nothing more or nothing less. Just a lot of people think they are, when in reality they are not. Big corporations just like coming up with "fancy" names to make you think you are getting more bang for your buck, then their competitors.

Loads of rubbish. T-Mobile here in the UK sucks, it's making Orange here suck too now they're merging to make the biggest mobile phone network.

T-Mobile will never lead any new technology, period.
I don't know Jason, I'm on T-Mobile UK and not had a single problem. I'm also on the new "Everything Everywhere" scheme, which means I get Orange coverage if I can't get T-Mobile coverage.

Overall T-Mobile are great with me, also got a discount or 2 every now & then :lol:

I don't know Jason, I'm on T-Mobile UK and not had a single problem. I'm also on the new "Everything Everywhere" scheme, which means I get Orange coverage if I can't get T-Mobile coverage.

Overall T-Mobile are great with me, also got a discount or 2 every now & then :lol:
The merger now means I can't get 3G until after Xmas :mad:

Gotta use 2G on my Blackberry - it's a killer.

I dont know much about 4g and I hate paying an extra $10 a month even though 4g isn't in my state or the states near it
But I do know that my phone (evo) loads web pages about twice as fast (unless its a flash application) than my friends Iphone.

Yeah but fsd the thing you have to consider there is that your friend's iPhone is on AT&T...

I dont know much about 4g and I hate paying an extra $10 a month even though 4g isn't in my state or the states near it
But I do know that my phone (evo) loads web pages about twice as fast (unless its a flash application) than my friends Iphone.

That's just cuz Sprint's 3G coverage is impressively fast for the price, and because Android has made a good browser and OS.

You should make a rap song about it.

Then make a movie about ----ty cell phone coverage called 8 Deadzones.

Back