• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Why are some countries denied???

B:

i have used adflight, websponsors and both have sent me the check overseas (japan, jordan, germany)

That was in the past. AdFlight now only accept publishers from the US:
http://www.adflight.com/solutions/publishers/FAQs/pubfaq.asp

Websponsors.com only accepts US publishers:
https://secure.websponsors.com/cgi-bin/signup.pl

websitesponsors does not mention that on their website

Trust me. They only accept websites from the US and Canada. If you doubt me, feel free to contact Chet at chet@websitesponsors.com for clarification.

SI is not alone. ;)

i live in the us now so it's not an issue to me.
websponsors does mention in a rare situation they would accept foriegn websites. my best friend went to school with the founder and if i ever use them and happen to live overseas they will send me the check but i do not think of them as a must as i never made much money with them.
adflight have cancelled alot of sites. anyone still with them? i do not think they are accepting new sites.
websitesponsors is not accepting new sites either. i heard they are not running any ads now. right now you will have problems getting accepted to any ad agency regardless of your country. many of the ad agencies you mentioned are very small and it will not make or break a webmaster (tripod???) what's the most you ever made with them?
if you made that much, you better off getting your own server.
when major ad agencies like flycast and doubelclick stop sending checks overseas then i'm worried and may stop accepting jobs overseas but when you tell me tripod and some affilaite progarms do not that's not a big problem
i thought about starting a new ad agency but i decided to wait until the economy improve. things are really bad now.
do not blame it on your residence.

SO, affilate programs deny a country because they THINK the people in the country will cheat? That's just not fair for them.

BTW, i live in Toronto, so, :)

hmm
that's basically what cheaters cause... distrust of other people of their group...

(for example: would you rather buy a random apple out of a basket with 90% rotten apples, or would you rather buy a random apple out of a basket with 10% rotten apples)

note: due to the nature of spoilable fruits, there's always rotten apples, so don't go ''i'll buy a random apple out of a basket with 0% rotten apples''. Sorry, i've talked with too many smart-alleks

how wud a network stand to lose money, by allowing people from countries other than us or canada to join them? False traffic? anybody can do that, the internet has no boundaries. Ok, if people from other countries forge or drive in false traffic the network can always suspend their accounts and withold payments. I believe no person has been ever sued for generating false traffic by an affiliate network?!(even in us and canada)

>>>>
I believe no person has been ever sued for generating false traffic by an affiliate network?
>>>>>

You would be incorrect in that assumption.

Artificially inflating your traffic (and thus revenue) from an affiliate program is classified as fraud, just as would be any similar offline action.

If the offense is small enough, you'll be dropped from the program and possibly placed on an affiliate blacklist. If the scam amounts to several thousand dollars, you will very likely end up in court. - This is one of the reasons that ad networks play it safe by accepting affiliates from just a few nations (since prosecuting across borders is difficult and expensive).

In a perfect world, there would be no cheaters or trade embargos, but in the real world, there will always be losers who try to scam money from ad networks, which in turn hurts us all.

Blacklisting and fraud are what I see as the only real issues for banning certain countries.

I disagree with the theory of native language. In America, how many people speak Spanish natively? They say that within 50 years, Spanish people will be in the majority in this country. Consider the success of Telemundo. It's one of the top TV stations in the country. In Japan, how many people speak English? The base of a person/company does not determine what language is spoken. So how do you know, if you're accepting a US-based site, that it's not in Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, or any one of the other dozens of languages spoken throughout the country? I don't see country-based determination as foolproof. Somewhere someone has to check everything to make sure.

I doubt that sending checks to you would be that much more expensive than sending checks to US webmasters. However, it is true that, for most foreigners (and this includes places like England and Australia), the bank fees associated with US checks are hefty. The only country I've never run into a problem as far as this goes (though they do sometimes hold checks for weeks) is Canada. And Canada is basically the US, only cold.

But the reality is that if a network doesn't accept webmasters from your country, find someone who does, as there's really nothing you can do about it, and they probably won't change their policy. With all the various programs out there, surely people can find something.

[Edited by SSacobie on 03-31-2001 at 02:59 PM]

Hey dont put me down! i am an iraqi!

salam aliek, la shonlak?

We do have the internet and it isnt controlled by the government! we have 4 nationwide isps!

Regards,
ValuableHost
P.S i live in australia not iraq :)
Originally posted by b
because of my job i have lived in 3 different countries in the last 3 years and i have used adflight, websponsors and both have sent me the check overseas (japan, jordan, germany)
how many people live in iraq and own a website?
none
all sites are owned by the government.
SI is an exception!
tell me an ad company that refuse webmasters from at least 30 countries?
websitesponsors does not mention that on their website

Originally posted by Cheap Bastard
(for example: would you rather buy a random apple out of a basket with 90% rotten apples, or would you rather buy a random apple out of a basket with 10% rotten apples)

WRONG!!

If I'm buying something, I will select it first, I'll take a deep look, touch it if necessary, and etc etc..

hmm, is that really 90:10 ??? I need a prove please..^_^

thanks.

Valuablehost,
i'm not putting the iraqi people down. i'm stating
because of UN sanctions, it's not easy for the average person living in iraq to develop a website.
do u know of any iraqi based sites not developed
by the government?

UN trade sanctions generally only affect certain forms of cross-border trade and support. Thus, while an Iraqi individual may be prohibited from selling to Americans (or gain advertising revenue from foreign entities), it's my understanding that there's nothing stopping him/her from establishing a site that targets the local market and those nations who don't recognise the UN's governing power.

Also, there has been much criticism over the continuing sanctions against Iraq, and they could very well be broken down soon. You may find the following resources to be eye-opening:
http://www.globalpolicy.org/security/sanction/indexone.htm
http://www.iraqi-mission.org/sancnew.htm
http://www.iraqaction.org/11myths.html

Hi,

Yes czar it is true, the more U.S bomb iraq the more iraq gets stronger, due to the fact it gets foreign support also he is telling the arab leaders he will lead a force against israel which makes him their ally.
Originally posted by Czar
UN trade sanctions generally only affect certain forms of cross-border trade and support. Thus, while an Iraqi individual may be prohibited from selling to Americans (or gain advertising revenue from foreign entities), it's my understanding that there's nothing stopping him/her from establishing a site that targets the local market and those nations who don't recognise the UN's governing power.

Also, there has been much criticism over the continuing sanctions against Iraq, and they could very well be broken down soon. You may find the following resources to be eye-opening:
http://www.globalpolicy.org/security/sanction/indexone.htm
http://www.iraqi-mission.org/sancnew.htm
http://www.iraqaction.org/11myths.html

Back