• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Which version do you prefer?

Originally posted by meow
This forum is crazy! I didn't say what it looks like. The censored word above is "NOFRAMES". Written with entities this time. :p
-------- was blanked out, but other very bad words are allowed?
<edit>no frames why?????????????
<edit again>okay why is sh*t, f***, p*ss allowed but no frames isn't? Am I missing something here?

Last edited:
And I invented it! Does anyone still remember the good old fuck thread in the "Test thing out" forum? Ah those were the times.

BTW, I like both you designs, It's verry hard to make a choise, I wouldn't like to be in your shoes.

And I invented it! Does anyone still remember the good old fuck thread in the "Test thing out" forum? Ah those were the times.
You weren't the first to post a way to say fuck on the forums, Gyrbo. I did in that long thread between me, Meow, Lucifer, and Weapon where we kept throwing around all those Latin maxims. Great fun, that thread was. My way was more difficult though, you were the first to find the easy way, but still, mine came before yours! :p

On topic (gasp!), even though I don't use IE and therefor colored scrollbars don't effect me much, I still think they're beyond tacky.

IMO, colored scrollbars are but a mere 5 second distraction. Who cares? I'd rather see the page 0.000001% faster. ;)

Originally posted by Hayama-kun
IMO, colored scrollbars are but a mere 5 second distraction. Who cares? I'd rather see the page 0.000001% faster. ;)

I agree but it is nice for them to fit in with the sites design.

Originally posted by cheatpark

I agree but it is nice for them to fit in with the sites design.
Well, those who are using Konqueror/Lynx/Mozilla/Nutscrape/Old IE/Opera etc. obviously wouldn't give a damn because they can't see it. (Especially Lynx. :D)

Originally posted by Hayama-kun

Well, those who are using Konqueror/Lynx/Mozilla/Nutscrape/Old IE/Opera etc. obviously wouldn't give a damn because they can't see it. (Especially Lynx. :D)

True. But why the extra 0.00001% faster. Its not a noticable difference. Even with a 56k modem.

Originally posted by cheatpark
Even with a 56k modem.

Actually, it could be a lot faster with a 56k modem. :rolleyes:

I don't think it really matters. Conformity does. Making your design look exactly alike in every browser that has more than 0.8% use with the exception of lynx.

Apart from that it is proprietary shit it's also a matter of that the designer shouldn't fiddle with the browser's interface/features. Most people want the browser functions to be as they left them. I don't need experiences like "Where's my scrollbar? That pink shit is my scrollbar???" "WTF has happened to my context menu?" "Crap! The page opened in Full Screen. Now I have to reach for my keyboard to get rid of it."

Colored scrollbars are also amateurish. :D

Originally posted by Jan
Please check it in Netscape 4.7 :(

http://www.cybergreets.net/geriantics.jpg

I know, you get nothing in a browser that doesn't support iframes. You should think about using IE, or NN 6... Preferably IE though...NN is bloody evil.

Iframes are the best thing to use. :D

I'm going to add a little message: "You need an iframe compatible browser to view GA correctly".

If you don't care to much about browser compatebility, use the scrollbars. It will give the impression of a box around the content.

Originally posted by +chips

I'm going to add a little message: "You need an iframe compatible browser to view GA correctly".

Why not add a link to the page you load in the iframe instead? That's what the space between <iframe> and</iframe> is for. It isn't about one old browser, it's about text browsers and textreaders and whatnots. :confused2

Originally posted by +chips
I know, you get nothing in a browser that doesn't support iframes. You should think about using IE, or NN 6... Preferably IE though...NN is bloody evil.
Sorry, I will not change my browser preference to view ANY site, why should I HAVE too?

At least a few sites I have reviewed are prepared to fix it for all browsers.

THEY are the winners, they care about visitor numbers.

I have said it before and I will say it again, if I find a great site, I pass it on to all my ICQ friends, and all on my email list. If I see an unviewable site, I leave it and you have lost a potential 200 visitors from my recommendations, and maybe 1000's over a few weeks from my friends passing it on to their friends etc etc

Originally posted by meow

Why not add a link to the page you load in the iframe instead? That's what the space between <iframe> and</iframe> is for. It isn't about one old browser, it's about text browsers and textreaders and whatnots. :confused2

Yeah, that's a good idea, under the compatibility message I'll add a link to the news page. :)

Back