• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Which version do you prefer?

Both will work nicely, but personally I like having all my menu options laid out and easy to view/access instead of being stored away in a dropdown box that I have to scroll through and squint at to be able to find anything. It's also much harder finding what you want in a dropdown box, unless you take the time to alphabetize it.

Thanks for your replies! :)

Well, what I was thinking for the current version is that it's probably a bit plain and boring for a fansite, which is why I wanted to change it. I don't know if this is true or if I'm just being too fussy! :rolleyes: Do you think it's too boring and plain?

With the current version - I like the colours, I think they're quite different, but I'm not too sure about the navigation myself. I was thinking about doing some spunky little buttons to fit into a horizontal bar, or something underneath the banner.

I also wanted to ask, do you have any suggestions? Things I should change or add, on either version?

Thankyou very much. :D

Originally posted by meow
Definitely the new one. Like it a lot. :)

I think I like that one as well - I'm just not sure! :eek:

I definitely like the colours, I'm just uncertain about the menu.

:confused:

I love the new one! Colours kick ---!

The menu... this is hard. I also don't love dropdown boxes but I don't hate them... Seeing that you offer so many sections, I think your going to have a hard time placing all of those along the horizontal line underneath the title... Or I guess you could go with 2 layers? Seeing as you have a funky design, I am sure you'll think of a funky navbar!

Originally posted by Mekhu
I love the new one! Colours kick ---!

The menu... this is hard. I also don't love dropdown boxes but I don't hate them... Seeing that you offer so many sections, I think your going to have a hard time placing all of those along the horizontal line underneath the title... Or I guess you could go with 2 layers? Seeing as you have a funky design, I am sure you'll think of a funky navbar!

Thanks! :)

As for the menu, I don't know either. I might play around with some photos and stuff and see what I can come up with. Wish me luck! :D

I know this is a little off topic, but I had no clue you were the owner of bittergirl.net!

I gave some input on it about a month ago. Good work on both :)

Just thought I would mention that!

Originally posted by Mekhu
I know this is a little off topic, but I had no clue you were the owner of bittergirl.net!

I gave some input on it about a month ago. Good work on both :)

Just thought I would mention that!

Thanks!!! :eek: :eek:

I'm so pleased that people actually like the stuff I do. Especially bittergirl because it's so much more personal than my Geri site.

Thanks very much. :)

I like both.
But the one you're currently working on I like even more.
Why do you need a 1027x768 resolution? I'm using 800x600,
everything fits in perfectly.

Originally posted by vedette

Why do you need a 1027x768 resolution? I'm using 800x600,
everything fits in perfectly.

Well, I'm working on 1024x768, and to be honest I've no idea what it looks like in any other resolution - but I would say it fits the best on 1024x768 because that's really what it's designed for. :)

I added a completely different menu to the new design I'm working on: http://www15.brinkster.com/geriantics/indexnew.htm

I need to add a preload script (well, first I need to find one!), but if you hold your mouse over each button for a few seconds the rollover will load... Just so you can tell me what it looks like.

I also added a Javascript which just has today's date. Fairly simple, but I like it. :)

The iframe doesn't fit in just yet - it has a white background because I'm remotely linking it and I can't change the colour of it yet because that will mess up the current design. Eventually it will be the same light pink/plum colour.

What do you think? :D

It's just a matter of adding -------- content.

About the rollovers - they aren't slow for me. But if you want preloading the easiest is to have a script in head instead of embedding it all in the tags. Use a function and declaire the images as variables. Then they'll be automatically preloaded (when the variables are set).

<ADD>
lol! This forum is crazy! I didn't say what it looks like. The censored word above is "NOFRAMES". Written with entities this time. :p

Last edited:
Back