• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Which registrar should I use?

People brag about 000Domains.com because they have been in the domain registration business for quite some time and have developed quite a reputation as being very professional and focused on customer service.

Before starting my own service, I used them to register quite a few of my own domains.

In my opinion all OpenSRS RSPs are NOT the same. Some offer instant domain registration - others do not. Some respond quickly to emails, others do not. You might want to consider the instant registration as being an important factor in your choice of registrars. If you have to wait for your domain order to be manually approved, then there's a chance that someone else will register it (elsewhere) before you do. All .com, .net, and .org domain registrations are done in real time via a central registry.

Just because you place an order for a domain doesn't mean it is registered right there and then.

The final consideration is price. You'll get (basically) the same product for a big range of prices.

Hope this helps you...

Thanks patrick.. Just the answer I was looking for to demystify the deal between different OpenSRS registrars.

In terms of domain management, is the control panel is the same for all OpenSRS RSPs or not? But I've been reading threads saying 000domains.com has a really good control panel as opposed to others...

Say I were to register at a cheaper OpenSRS registrar, couldn't I just manage my domain at 000domains.com to take advantage of their control panel?

Hi,

The domain manager is the exact same as any other OpenSRS RSP.

I just visited their site to make sure of this - I thought maybe they had added something I didn't know about.

:D

As stated before, once you register with ANY OpenSRS RSP, you can manage your domain at any other RSP's site, or directly at manage.opensrs.net.

By the way, once you register your domain with an OpenSRS RSP you can RENEW the domain name at any other RSP you want. For instance, if you registered with a $20 RSP, you can renew with a cheaper one.

If you have further questions, let me know. I'm here to help!

Hmm..interesting.

In what ways is 000domains.com CP better? What exactly can you do with the CP? Like is it like Mydomain.com or something? Or can you just update the WHOIS and the Namservers to point to?

patrickw, just to let you know, this is what I see in your FAQ:
Does it cost anything to make changes to my domain record?
No, it's free! It is all in your control, and you have an excellent tool, Domain Manager, to maintain, edit, and update your domain information. We will continue to enhance the features of this program.

Does it cost anything to make changes to my domain record?
No, we charge nothing! It is all in your control, and you have an excellent tool, Domain Manager, to maintain, edit, and update your domain information. We will continue to enhance the features of this program.
You asked the same question twice and answered both similarly but not exactly the same.

Hi,

I added a couple of questions and answers to the FAQ back on Tuesday, and clarified a couple as well. I guess in my haste I pasted the "new" answer without deleting the "old" one.

I deleted one of those just now - the one with the gramatically horrible "double negative" with "no" and "nothing" in the same sentence.

Thanks for pointing that out, Lex! It has been corrected.

Thanks again,

Back