• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Which is the Best BBS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyber-Scripter

In everyones opinion, which is the best Bulletin Board System? I have looked at YaBB SE, phpBB, Invision Board, tForum, and W-Agora. ...::confused::confused::...

Also, has anyone heard of a good Shopping Cart? For free?...

PHPbb id the best but if you want to implementate your forum whit your page the most easy to do that is yabb or yabbSE

I think Invision Power Board is my ideal choice, I think PHPBB seems a bit slow for my liking...there is also more options in the administration control panel in IPB than that of the PHPBB... :smile2:

I don't think any particular forum is better than another, as long as you have the dedication to customize and maintain it. If you don't have that type of commitment, then even if you use the best forum (the general concensus here seems to be phpBB and InvisionBoard), your board will suck.

Many people don't customize it because the default theme of PHPBB and IPB has a nice style...most of them adapt their website to match the colours of the forums. :wink2:

[size=0.5]mine is customized...:smile2:[/size]

Originally posted by KBC
Many people don't customize it because the default theme of PHPBB and IPB has a nice style...most of them adapt their website to match the colours of the forums. :wink2:

Is it just me, or is adapting your entire site to match the color scheme of a forum incredibly stupid? ;)

I don't care if the theme looks nice - everyone should try to be different. If a webmaster does not have the will to create a unique design for their forums, then they shouldn't be running one at all.

Originally posted by conkermaniac
Is it just me, or is adapting your entire site to match the color scheme of a forum incredibly stupid? ;)

I don't care if the theme looks nice - everyone should try to be different. If a webmaster does not have the will to create a unique design for their forums, then they shouldn't be running one at all.

Yes I agree...:smile2: but the agree only goes as far as people running forums on free webhosts. Many of them on free hosts are uncustomised. :wink2: (Anyway, nobody should be running forums on free hosts)

I don't like having a default forum theme either, it does make it seem as though you can't be bothered. :biggrin2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back