• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

where to find free domain /w NS record

meteora

Hi,

where can I find free domain that has NS (Nameserver) support like uni.cc

I used to use uni.cc but I have reason to believe that it has some kind of spyware or something that automatically sets my homepage to Globe-Finder.

Oh, and if you use afraid.org, which domain do you use because I wanna find one that is short and easy to remember.

Thanks,
Meteora

Originally posted by meteora
Hi,

where can I find free domain that has NS (Nameserver) support like uni.cc

I used to use uni.cc but I have reason to believe that it has some kind of spyware or something that automatically sets my homepage to Globe-Finder.

Oh, and if you use afraid.org, which domain do you use because I wanna find one that is short and easy to remember.

Thanks,
Meteora

Hi there, I'm fairly sure .uni.cc domains do not install spyware on your computer, as I used one for quite some time (besides that, your claim makes no sense). You should run a search on globe-finder spyware and try removing it with adaware or similar software.

Also try this:
http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/cwschronicles.html

Last edited:
Hey Jeff H,

I searched Google for that Globe-Finder thing and I ended up at that same site you suggested. I think that CWShredder might just work.

If they allow domains, and not a uni.cc domain, it's most likely their hosting software doesn't allow it. Their control panels, signup processes, etc, aren't coded for use with a "*.uni.cc", only with a "*.***" domain.

Just a short question regarding this, can NS records for xxxx.uni.cc be set by the owner of the xxx.uni.cc domain?

TIA

Why do most free webhosts not allow uni.cc domains? Anything special about them?

I'll assume thats directed at me over my decision to not allow uni.cc domains.

They just are not real TLDs. As simple as that. :D

SOrry, i didn't mean to offend anyone. Wat i meant was, TLD are not free so the person will rush to get this website done while on the other hand, Uni.cc is free, the person will take his own sweet time. My theory.:eek:

Last edited:
how can i give sub-domains dns servers?

So that if i wanted i could point something.x-istence.com to 2 dns servers, and then i could give that away to someone, and they can manage their own dns.

If your webhost is using WHM and cPanel then yes they can put .uni.cc as a domain name i know this because i have hosted websites using WHM/cPanel before that were using .uni.cc domains :applaudin

Back