• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

where can i get a a free forum but please dont give me ikonboard

Originally posted by Phrozen
Actually it is quite customizable. The entire forum can be edited through seom html templates. My forum is proof of that. It looks nothing like the default phpBB 2 theme.
Looks and feels the same as any other default PHPBB 2. But I must admit it is pretty nice, except for the blue...

Originally posted by conkermaniac
If you mean this one:

http://forums.thaportal.com/

It took only one look to figure out that it was a phpBB. The header, the style, everything...it still doesn't look very flexible.
If they all look the same, then it is probably because no one has done much to it, or not enough. I don't use phpbb, but I'm guessing that it could be customized and made to look completely different by a competent designer. I've seen vbulletin forums that I couldn't tell were vbull, and other forums that were done well.

I think this is more of a case that people tend to do small mods to existing themes and styles you've seen before (the stock ones, or more popular themes, etc.).

Originally posted by Chicken

If they all look the same, then it is probably because no one has done much to it, or not enough. I don't use phpbb, but I'm guessing that it could be customized and made to look completely different by a competent designer. I've seen vbulletin forums that I couldn't tell were vbull, and other forums that were done well.

I think this is more of a case that people tend to do small mods to existing themes and styles you've seen before (the stock ones, or more popular themes, etc.).
I agree. YOu have to edit a style to make it look nice. It is meant to be edited! ;)

Guys, I know that it can be edited. But because you guys have been bragging about how unique Phrozen's board looks, I have to assume that what he's done is about as far as you can go. Unfortunately, it's not very impressive.

No it's not as far as it can be edited. It's just as far as I have edited it so far. I still have more plans for it, but I've just been busy with other things lately (e.g. my life, my site).

Unfortunately, it's not very impressive.
Neither is yours.

My board? How would you find out about my board? I haven't posted a single link to it on this board (well, unless you checked out Aimoo and did a THOROUGH search over the support forums). I don't really have a message board; you're a veteran, you should know that by now!

Hehe...everybody thinks that. It's just a normal old board that I felt like promoting since I couldn't think of a sig. I'm the number one poster over there at over 700. :D

Back