• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Where are RJCUK Hosting ?

Hi Sandra

My domain is also registered in my name but when I went to the domain control panel & changed the DNS to my new host they changed back to rjcuk's 24 hours later. I contacted them about this & they state that becuase the domain was free it was still owned by rjcuk until you paid for it. They then sent me to there TOU where it clearly stated this, my fault should of read them at first. I hope you get away with it but I cant see it, good luck with your new host anyway.

Mike

Hi Mike

So sorry this has happened to you. I did have paid domains, and paid hosting - didn't make any difference to the down time, but maybe that is the difference in getting my domains out.

I have just registered with my new host and the site is up ..... instantly. Excellent so far, and would recommend.

I do hope you are able to sort it out and get up and running again.

Best wishes
Sandra

This topic was discussed often at HostingCon2005. These companies get in way over their head! $4.95 hosting should be banned all over the globe. These price wars and kiddie hosting companies really make our industry as a whole look very bad, and it makes free hosting more appealing to the average customer (because they could not get ripped off) Please help put a stop to $4.95 Hosting!!!!

Do you mean reasonable $4.95 offers or the too good to be true, can't believe it, $4.95 offers? I'm assuming the latter of the 2.

To keep on topic, RJCUK 'seemed' to be a good company from what I saw. I almost signed up for them as well, but it's been a long time ago. Another bullet dodged I guess.

InetDedicated said:
This topic was discussed often at HostingCon2005. These companies get in way over their head! $4.95 hosting should be banned all over the globe. These price wars and kiddie hosting companies really make our industry as a whole look very bad, and it makes free hosting more appealing to the average customer (because they could not get ripped off) Please help put a stop to $4.95 Hosting!!!!
I once again agree with Inet. I've read a few web hosting books, and it really is amazing at some of the packages offered around the net. Its impossible to offer some of these packages due to your own expenses. If people were to actually do the math, and also not just jump for the best price out there with the biggest storage/bandwidth it wouldn't be so easy for this to happen.
Quality is always better then quantity.

daxriggz2004 said:
Do you mean reasonable $4.95 offers or the too good to be true, can't believe it, $4.95 offers? I'm assuming the latter of the 2.

To keep on topic, RJCUK 'seemed' to be a good company from what I saw. I almost signed up for them as well, but it's been a long time ago. Another bullet dodged I guess.
I think he meant the 2nd one Dax

Well my site is a non profit parenting web site and my budget doesn't stretch far beyond $5. I am thinking it may be time to give up on running it.

corpsegrinder said:
Well my site is a non profit parenting web site and my budget doesn't stretch far beyond $5. I am thinking it may be time to give up on running it.
Its really not that difficult to keep your site up if you find a reliable web host.

I've already offered to help you out in any way possible

:)

corpsegrinder said:

My sites are non-profit as well. I know exactly what you mean. Moving every couple of weeks is the pits. I feel like giving up, myself. But, you aren't alone. Fingers crossed for us.

daxriggz2004 said:

Well you have to look at it from a providers point of view. Lets say I-Net Hosting Corp spends $100 per MB for bandwidth right? Well any good web host is going to want a very good connection atleast 10mbps, so right there you are looking at just over $650.00/per month for JUST your bandwidth bill. After your bandwidth you must pay for your CPanel, Helm, Plesk, which ever you use, you might even use all 3! That is about $37-$50.00 Per License, so even if a low end company like these have lets say 10 servers, well right there at the LOWEST your looking at 350.00 just for license's!!! Wait, it gets better! Plus depending if they are dedicated customers of a higher hosting company, or colocating, or maybe they went the extra mile and are in a carrier hotel, well better add on another 450.00 for just a HALF RACK of space, plus you would need to pay for your power drop which is about 260-300 per month for a 20a drop :)

well lets see what a provider (low end) has in monthly bills:
Bandwidth: $650.00 or more for a pretty good connection
Control Panels: $350 per month (thats only for your CPanel, if you do windows hosting you would need Plesk aswell)
Dedicated (good servers); $120-200/Monthly
Colocation = (average) is about 100 per 1u per month with 2Mbps :) ouch
Carrier Hotel = Well lets just mark the little hosts out of those but if your lucky little guys will be spending about 450-600 a month for just SPACE in a carrier hotel :)
then your power drop = 20a will hold about 10 servers with no router :) thats about 260-300 per month

Lets calculate now :) = 1400.00 Just in bills, not including the office bills and supplies, and what you have to pay your techincal support staff....

In all a 4.95 customer would have to stay with your company over 8 years to start making a profit :) ya see how that works out, and even if you get 2 of those thats only $9.00 off of two customers. Thats what most hosting firms charge per customer on the lowest plan :)

Bottom line : Not Cost Effective, out of business really quick

Couldn't have said it better myself

InetDedicated said:
Well you have to look at it from a providers point of view. Lets say I-Net Hosting Corp spends $100 per MB for bandwidth right? Well any good web host is going to want a very good connection atleast 10mbps, so right there you are looking at just over $650.00/per month for JUST your bandwidth bill. After your bandwidth you must pay for your CPanel, Helm, Plesk, which ever you use, you might even use all 3! That is about $37-$50.00 Per License, so even if a low end company like these have lets say 10 servers, well right there at the LOWEST your looking at 350.00 just for license's!!! Wait, it gets better! Plus depending if they are dedicated customers of a higher hosting company, or colocating, or maybe they went the extra mile and are in a carrier hotel, well better add on another 450.00 for just a HALF RACK of space, plus you would need to pay for your power drop which is about 260-300 per month for a 20a drop :)

well lets see what a provider (low end) has in monthly bills:
Bandwidth: $650.00 or more for a pretty good connection
Control Panels: $350 per month (thats only for your CPanel, if you do windows hosting you would need Plesk aswell)
Dedicated (good servers); $120-200/Monthly
Colocation = (average) is about 100 per 1u per month with 2Mbps :) ouch
Carrier Hotel = Well lets just mark the little hosts out of those but if your lucky little guys will be spending about 450-600 a month for just SPACE in a carrier hotel :)
then your power drop = 20a will hold about 10 servers with no router :) thats about 260-300 per month

Lets calculate now :) = 1400.00 Just in bills, not including the office bills and supplies, and what you have to pay your techincal support staff....

In all a 4.95 customer would have to stay with your company over 8 years to start making a profit :) ya see how that works out, and even if you get 2 of those thats only $9.00 off of two customers. Thats what most hosting firms charge per customer on the lowest plan :)

Bottom line : Not Cost Effective, out of business really quick

That reply was not meant to scare anyone. Just to let you know what real providers go through. Plus that is just start off costs, it gets more expensive as you grow. My point is your uptime is critial to any website, you need a provider who is reliable and you know they will be there the next day, because they have so much invested in their companies

InetDedicated said:
That reply was not meant to scare anyone. Just to let you know what real providers go through. Plus that is just start off costs, it gets more expensive as you grow. My point is your uptime is critial to any website, you need a provider who is reliable and you know they will be there the next day, because they have so much invested in their companies
Inet I look forward to chatting with you alot more on these boards I found this place last night and I've been stuck on them all day just reading what alot of "real" hosting companies have to say (like yourself) and I've also been reading the posts by the youngin's. You all have a good night.

Jewlz_K

Back