• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Where are RJCUK Hosting ?

Sandgb

Hi

I registered with them a couple of months ago but now I get no replies to Email and their site is down. Answer service on the telephones all the time

Is anyone with them, or know what is happening?

Their site is http://www.rjcuk-hosting.co.uk

I have a .com domain with them that I can not access and I want to either host it or transfer it. If anyone can help, it would be real appreciated. Thanks!

if you do a simple WHOIS search on the domain name you can find out who registered the domain - which 9 out of 10 times is who that company is owned by:

Domain Name:
rjcuk-hosting.co.uk

Registrant:
Ryan Curtis

Registrant's Address:

THE REGISTRANT IS AN INDIVIDUAL WHO HAS ELECTED TO
HAVE THEIR ADDRESS OMITTED FROM THE WHOIS DATABASE

Registrant's Agent:
Heart Internet Ltd [Tag = HEARTINTERNET]
URL: http://www.heartinternet.co.uk

Relevant Dates:
Registered on: 02-Jan-2005
Renewal Date: 02-Jan-2007
Last updated: 06-Jun-2005

Registration Status:
Registered until renewal date.

Name servers listed in order:
ns.mainnameserver.com 217.68.23.1
ns2.mainnameserver.com 82.110.105.3

in this case he has the option of NO ADDRESS to appear, but maybe content the Agent.

Hi and thank you for your replies.

I did contact Heart and they said I needed to contact the re-seller,. I am trying to go through to them again.

I have another domain that is still running (I really don't know how) but I need to move that too pretty quickly ... Am talking to Heart again to see what (if anything ) they can do.

Duport
Unlimited is not real therefore there unlimited reseller was suspended.

Thank you but I don't understand this - sorry. I have never had anything like this happen before in 5 years hosting!

Can anyone recommend a stable host please - cost effective if possible as it seems that I just lost my money :(

I need at least 5 SQL databases, Lynux/unix fine / MyPHP, Fantastico (or similar) , C-Panel (or similar) ....

All help is very much appreciated

They have a Reseller account at Heart internet; Heart internet has an unlimited reseller
(unlimited disk space and bandwidth), but it is not really unlimited and a number of cases
has arisen showing this and there terms also state that they will suspend your account.
There is no true unlimited any that offer such you should stay away. A reseller is allowing
you to resell web space, http://www.duportonline.com/rcompare.php

Thank you Duport for your patience and explanation - I understand now.

This could figure as my domain went down 31 May, back up after a transfer to a new IP on 3 June, and then down again just after that for another 2 days, then it came back reinstated to a few days before. I suppose the moving of all that data would constitute a lot of bandwidth which could have been the plausible factor.

I'm not a re-seller - just want a simple hosting, but I don't want any downtime if possible, and would like to transfer both my sites out. Would I be better with virtual hosting or with re-seller account (although i probably wouldn't re-sell!)

I have a .co.uk domain and a .com domain that I would like to host on the .com, or the .co.uk. I can access the .co.uk, but not the .com at the moment.

How do I go about transferring with minimum down time?

Sorry for all the questions .... I feel I'm running out of time here! Thank you for your help.

Thank you TJR Networks. I have just read this link with complete surprise. Shock that I have not been contacted....

Do I hold any possibility of recovering my .com, or transferring my .co.uk hosting?

I may be wrong, it appears on that link that they have a dedicated server & you have
given details that the IP changed.

You just purchase web hosting and restore your site and change your name servers for
your domain, from your control panel, where did you purchase your domain?

But again there is some confusion. They say they have manage 2000 clients here but
then comment they have 220 clients here, seems to be one or two lies.

Last edited:
Thank you again. Bad news I think .... I purchased my domains through RJCUK ..

I can get into the control panel of the .co.uk domain - but I think the .com is one that has not moved to the new servers that they refer to in the link.

I am pretty new at changing these, thank you very much for your patience

First of all Duport I would like to thank you for your help. I have now started the ball rolling in moving things - you have given a starting point to help get this awful mess cleared. Thank you sincerely.

Thank you too to TJR Networks for finding the information .... I really would not have known where to look.

Glad I found this forum .... I'll be back to post a (happy) ending!

Thank you again for all your help.

Do I hold any possibility of recovering my .com, or transferring my .co.uk hosting?
You need to find a new host and direct your domains to their servers. As you have control over your .co.uk domain, it seems the obvious place to start. We would be happy to provide you with a temporary hosting account free of charge until you have sorted out your problems. You can find more details regarding transferring domains between registrars on ICANN's website or on GoDaddy's website. GoDaddy is a reliable registrar and I would recommend transfering your .com and .co.uk to them here. :)

I was with them too. They were hopeless. They didn't even notify anyone they were getting out of the game and took my domain with them too. They never gave me any control over its DNS. They did it for me and mucked it up almost everytime (they shifted my site many times......in 6 weeks).

Here is tale of whole mess - http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=70881

I feel sorry for the person that buys the mess off them.

I moved to www.tamranda.com . Have had no down time, SUPER fast support ( shocked me) and awesome customer service. Great prices too, I am stoked. They even shifted my site for free.

Doesn't feel good to be burnt by amateurs like RJCUK.

I was going to link to the Hostbidder site but someone already has. Nice of them to sell it whilst leaving their users with no support.

Hi, Remember me?

Corpsegrinder I'm pleased you got control of your domain. Thanks to the good advice of Duport and TJR, I now have control of my .com - but the bad news is that I couldn't get into my .co.uk to change any of the controls in the panel. Reckon my attempts probably prompted the action as of this morning, my .co.uk is offline :cry2: - that was on the so called NEW servers but I am working the same on that one now to try and regain control of it.

I reckon there is probably another 218 people (maximum?) who may be in the same situation. Shame on them hosts who are letting folk down .... :shame:

OK did you change the name servers to the new hosts, what happened when you changed these, was there an error? Remember it can take up to 72 hours to fully change.

Last edited:
Hi Sandgb

Sorry to here about this as I am having the same problems with my domain but know matter what you do the domain DNS will automatically change back to theres becuase a transfer payment needs to be made or somthing like that. I contact them to there yahoo address (rjcukhosting@yahoo.co.uk) which is still working. I am not happy with this as rjcuk used to be a very very good host but I noticed the support answer time got longer sometimes about 1 day where is used to be 1 hour. Then they moved server which was alot of messing. The said that they have closed but there site will be back online next week for clients so they can claim there refunds which is good, at least they just didnt run, I was on the new server which was faster but the sql was going down a few times, then the server was fine, all was working until last tuesday when my site went down :-(. I guess the stress got to them. Anyway good luck.

Mike.

Last edited:
Hi Craig88

The great advice from people on this forum prompted me to go to the people who RJCUK hosted it through. You can find this on the whois lookup of your domain. So long as the domain is registered to you, there should be no problem. I contacted the other company direct - cut RJC out fully as I have had too much down time and too many unfruitful conversations now to progress. And now, they just don't answer

I can now confirm that I have control over my domains. the co.uk and the .com. I can change the nameservers to which ever host I choose, that would be my next step.

Duport:
Duport said:
OK did you change the name servers to the new hosts, what happened when you changed these, was there an error? Remember it can take up to 72 hours to fully change.

Thank you, I have not changed them yet .... now they are in situ, I was going to ask you to host my site. I was so impressed with your help A1+ and I like the plans you offer.

Thank you!
Best wishes
Sandra

Last edited:
Back