• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Whats your nationality?

Some of my ancestors have been in America since 1611, but most of them were in Ireland, Germany, Switzerland, etc. Considering I've never met any of my ancestors who are from other places, though, it doesn't matter at all.

Originally posted by wm2k1
the last "true" chinese dynasty (not the machu dynasty - they were not really chinese) know that america existed well before columbus, but the king called by everyone back to the homeland some time around of the time european explorations started and entered into a period of global isolation

Around 1300 AD, Mansa Musa's brother went on a couple of trading expeditions to the Americas from Mali. There's also more controversial evidence of west Africans in the Americas around 200 AD or earlier. (If you think about it, the tropical jet stream blows everything from the coast of Africa right into the Caribbean most of the time... that's where hurricanes that head to the U.S. tend to form in fact... so it's not nearly as hard to sail from there as it is from Europe.)

As well, some people argue there's evidence that Spain under Muslim rule may have made several visits to the Americas... but I'm not sure there's as much evidence for that.

The difference, clearly, is that Europeans went there to conquer rather than just trade. So, they had the lasting influence.

Originally posted by Archbob
My grand ancestor was an amoeba once, somewhere in the oceans of the world.

Really? Well, mine were part of the colonization program from Alpha Centauri. :p

Last edited:
Originally posted by wm2k1
well...i'm getting tried of this and i have comp ethic final to worry about...so c ya

i gonna leave w.. *censored*

Another admin edit. You know better as well, take it up via PM.

And I was wondering why this thread piled up towards the 6th page in my absence. GC and another rival. :D

Whatever, I say its a lame thread any way, and I see NO need to describe OR even mention our ancestors, which go way way way back (they always do right?) :biggrin2:

Uh...I think it's Marilyn Monroe. Isn't it? Anyway, it was Jan that tipped me about it. :biggrin2:

Originally posted by Archbob
My grand ancestor was an amoeba once, somewhere in the oceans of the world.

And mine was a protozoa :rolleyes: :D

Actually, that might be true.....i think animals may be seriously evolved protozoa, but i could be wrong.....

Last edited:
Back