• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Whats Benfit to Offer the POST2HOST

Well supposedly, the posting makes people visit your forum, wich you of course cover with advertisments.
The people posting in your forum, click the advertisments and you get money for it.

As Heave said, you get alot of abusers and spammers, as you do with any "free" hosting.
Not to mention the fact its not particually profitable.

posting = content
content = ppc increase
ppc increase = post2host gets some money

that's the post2host model, but it doesn't work very efficiently.

Well, in post2host, don't really expect too much profit... Take it just as an experience & just enjoy the community...

It keeps away people that plan on abusing the services and increases the number of people who will really use their account for what it is worth. I honestly don't think you could really pay for a hosting business off of ads.

Yep, the dirty old trick to keep users active, as opposed to users who sign up for accounts and don't use them, or only use them to store files with only token HTML pages...

A person offering a post2host service aims for a populated and heavily active forum. The problem behind this though is that people just want the hosting and care little about the forum so end up spamming their way through the required limits.

A better quality of hostee's.

As long as the admin/owner "approves" the hosting, there is no problem. As in that, I mean, checking out the posts made by users, etc.

A better quality of hostee's.

As long as the admin/owner "approves" the hosting, there is no problem. As in that, I mean, checking out the posts made by users, etc.

that is what we do. (FW7, but we are open registrations).
post4host can also be just for security and less spam accounts.
the amount of phishing pages i've seen over the years is unbelievable.
all from open hosting, not post4host.

Post2Host sucks, Ads suck. Simple as that. Real good hosting has neither.

Ads looks really crappy on a good site.

Post2host is annoying when you have to do: 40 to 200 posts a month.

Post2Host sucks, Ads suck. Simple as that. Real good hosting has neither.

Ads looks really crappy on a good site.

Post2host is annoying when you have to do: 40 to 200 posts a month.
They may suck but a host has to generate income. Think about it, it's just handing away cash to anyone.

Ooh...lots of negativity!
I offer both. There was a bit of spam at the beginning but it's more controlled now. (I always hesitate to ban people :()
No ads on my forum yet. :)

BTW, it shouldn't be to hard to get 5 posts a month (thats for the first plan I have)! Seen plenty of big posters at DP who do much more than that. ;)

BTW, it shouldn't be to hard to get 5 posts a month (thats for the first plan I have)! Seen plenty of big posters at DP who do much more than that.

5 isn’t that bad, but I've seen 1GB Disk space go for 75 posts a month. I hated it years ago when I had to do it, and I refuse to make any clients suffer that heartbreak. :p

host has to generate income.

Sell paid plans or don't host.

If there are ads on the forum, and there are lots of users posting, the idea is that the ads will pay quite a bit.

A Post2Host benefits forum an active forum :
- If he offers paid hosting : the forum could act as an extra (not mainly) free support service for both free and paid clients which increases the quality of paid hosts.
- Inactive users get filtered within the next month
- Some benefits from ads
- Good hosts have good communities. A good community means (almost always) free advertising.
- Good communities tend to donate more.

And with some creativity there are much more benefits to discover!

Sell paid plans or don't host.

Have you ever run a big free web host? :eek3: Like Jonny said, you would not have web hosts that are here today if they weren't making some sort of income and the majority of hosts make it through ads. It's how owners pay for their servers, it's how owners improve on their service and of course it's how owners pay for upgrades; when they gain more and more users.

Have you ever run a big free web host?

I'm running one as we speak. I don't do ads or Post2host, I'm still running on X2 Intel Quad Cores. All the funding comes from myself and the employees so it works out. We enjoy it and we still have fun.

All money that comes from the Game Servers, VOIP goes back into the community with contents, give aways, etc- 100 Pecent Non profit.

Last edited:
Back