• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What should you have to create your own server?

It's pretty easy:
1. Get perl from www.activestate.com
2. Get nmake (search on google)
3. Get mod_perl
4. Install it
5. Install Apache::ASP

That's it, it's too late to explain in detail.

Most of it is just copying and nmaking. But get mod_perl from the site I listed. And then get ASP from the same site. Works good, exept for the missing thing I had.

I have done downloading mod_perl ( don't know how to install it :cry2: ) , i have done installating the Apache:ASP with CPAN shell.
But still no luck, how to install using nmake ?

Are you sure the ASP worked with APACHE by using perl-win-bin-0.7.exe bcs i downloaded the version 0.5 but it didn't worked... have you tested any file?

sure. I wrote a test run.

<%="Hello world!!"%>

It works!!

Then, I put the php mod into it.

It also works.

<?echo "Hello world"?>

Last edited:
Please can you tell me how you did it, I unzipped it ... placed the apache folder into C:/program files/apache group/apache
and put perl folder in C:/perl and openssl also..
I edited the systemadmin email and systemname from httpd.conf, and set the document root to c:/www ,,, i also added the path to openssl in autoexec.bat. ..........
And put a file named test.asp in the folder c:/www ....
<%="Hello World"%>

But still no luck,, can you explain like i did explained, to me....
i can get it to work... :( :( :( :( :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2

You still need Apache::ASP. It's downloadable from the same site somewhere. Or get it via CPAN.

Ok, i have got Apache::ASP, now can you please tell me how to install Apache::ASP ? :confused: After installing the 0.7 version of win32 binaries, i dont have cpan shell now.

Originally posted by gyrbo
You still need Apache::ASP. It's downloadable from the same site somewhere. Or get it via CPAN.

NO, you don't need! I have to go out now. Then, give you all a brief installation guide

1. download the mod_perl windows binary from the link

2. unzip it and you will have three folder

3. put the apache to c:\apache
openssi to c:\openssi
perl to c:\perl

4. path c:\Perl;C:\Perl\bin;C:\openssl\bin

4.2 copy the three *.dll to windows/system

4.5 execute apache -k start

5. based on the default setting in http.conf. You can run .cgi and .pl in c:\apache\cgi-bin only. You can run .asp in c:\apache\asp only too.

:)

Last edited:
ok,,,, i did the same thing, but i created a new folder named C :/www/asp ... although the files in the folder are available and the folder also, its give a 404 not found error, ,,,, , and if i place a .asp file in the folder c:/www it won't work,,, cgi-bin also gives the same error,, not found... but anyway, i can run cgi in any folder.... But not ASP :cry2: :cry2:

Are you sure you did this only...

Ok! I have done this ,,, but now i need help in creating db's with username and passwords in mySQL using a cgi or php file...

Is there anyway... I know to create db's but don't know how to create db's with username and passwords... Aynone knows :confused:

You want a DB with usernames and passwords?
PHP:
// CONNECT TO DB FIRST

$res = mysql_query("INSERT into users user,pass VALUES('$username,$password')");
Or something like that?

Back