• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What should you have to create your own server?

As for webserver i use APACHE
I hear that running PHP on IIS can cause a serious security hole ???

Now i installed Apache with and War-FTPd, but i want to know if there is any way to create new users in warftpd using some commands (without opening Warftpd manager, just through cgi, php, asp or DOS) or some cgi, php or asp scripts. ? :(

When will this testing be completed . Is this server totally free or a trial version.. i want a ftpd which is free for life time

Ok. Test it and tell me if working or not, or give me a link to the website from which i can download it.

i want to know, how to create users for mySQL in windows, using a script :confused:

I think no one knows how to create users for mySQL using a cgi script or php script, I know to create db's using php but not the username and passwords for the db's.
Anyone knows :confused:

You can create users by modifying the user(s) db. You can use regular MySQL querry's for it, or use some special function (ADDUSER?). Just search at the mysql website.

I tried installing APACHE::ASP bcs i want asp, but i was not successfull.
The installation instruction provided by apache-asp.org is not good, i can't understand how to install it, if anyone installed it, can you please tell me how you installed it on a windows server running Apache.

I tried it too, it's not worth the effort (I didn't got it installed). There are a few ready-to-go pachages out there with Apache::ASP build in. I just can't remember one.

wow. I haven't read though the messages. However, it is so compliation to me...

Well, I was setting those thing by two disks of Linux ware from a book. It is very easy and everything is free (ftp server, sendmail, ...)

It's easier on linux, I agree. I was almost running ASP on my server, but the I got the error (translating) "Error on line xx couldn't load mod_perl (Couldn't find libary file)"

How you did it,,, could you please tell me a little bit clearly, i tried a lot but was unable to ... i followed here apache-asp.org...
but couldn't install asp
could you please describe how you did it.

Back