• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

what is your dream in your life?

Singapore has a really good metro system and lots of reasonably cheap taxis so it's not a real problem.

For a clearer picture, for a car to be road-worthy in Singapore, a Certificate of Entitlement must first be obtained. This applies to all cars, imported or not, if you want to drive them on the road. It works on a quota-based, bidding, demand-supply system.

The policy right now is about a 1.5% growth in vehicles every year, so the supply is the number of cars being scrapped + 1.5% of all cars.

There are tenders for certificates every half a month. If demand outweighs supply, as in the case currently, COE prices will rise.

Currently, for normal cars (1600cc and below), the COE price is S$56,002 (about US$44k). The lowest it ever reached was S$2 about 3 years ago during the recession. Add to that the base cost of a car, which for some reason is much higher here, and a average Toyota Corolla or Honda Civic costs upwards of S$100,000 currently. Most people here pay for their cars on instalments.

Oh, and the COE lasts only ten years, so you gotta pay again if you want to renew it at the end of ten years.

It's kinda crazy, but these prices show that people are still willing to pay for them here.

Singapore has a really good metro system and lots of reasonably cheap taxis so it's not a real problem.

Yes with respect to other countries. But considering that the average person relies on public transport, it's hugely frustrating when the trains and buses are packed (almost as in Japan) during peak hours and lapses that are seem to be more common nowadays. Plus the increasing number of uncultured foreigners using our transport systems further increases discontentment.

And taxis, for some reason, when you don't need them, you can find one easily, but when you need one urgently, you won't be able to find them, even if you use phone booking.

Owning a car is not price justifiable by any metric, but most people want one for its convenience and comfort.

For a clearer picture, for a car to be road-worthy in Singapore, a Certificate of Entitlement must first be obtained. This applies to all cars, imported or not, if you want to drive them on the road. It works on a quota-based, bidding, demand-supply system.

The policy right now is about a 1.5% growth in vehicles every year, so the supply is the number of cars being scrapped + 1.5% of all cars.

There are tenders for certificates every half a month. If demand outweighs supply, as in the case currently, COE prices will rise.

Currently, for normal cars (1600cc and below), the COE price is S$56,002 (about US$44k). The lowest it ever reached was S$2 about 3 years ago during the recession. Add to that the base cost of a car, which for some reason is much higher here, and a average Toyota Corolla or Honda Civic costs upwards of S$100,000 currently. Most people here pay for their cars on instalments.

Oh, and the COE lasts only ten years, so you gotta pay again if you want to renew it at the end of ten years.

It's kinda crazy, but these prices show that people are still willing to pay for them here.

Wait - normal car is 1600cc and below? I can't even think of a car here (except maybe a Honda Civic) with an engine that small. I mean, ----, my 1991 Honda Prelude is 2100cc.

Wait - normal car is 1600cc and below? I can't even think of a car here (except maybe a Honda Civic) with an engine that small. I mean, ----, my 1991 Honda Prelude is 2100cc.

That's because the USA is a gas guzzling country, compare fuel costs, today at my local supermarket fuel station it's 133.7p (£1.33 point 7) per litre compare that to your local gas price and you'll see why other countries are quite happy with lower capacity, my GV is a 2.8 diesel stick shift my run around a 1.4 auto petrol and diesel is about 139.7p compared to unleaded (not lower in cost due to diesel being the 'greener fuel', total fail on the greens there).

That's because the USA is a gas guzzling country, compare fuel costs, today at my local supermarket fuel station it's 133.7p (£1.33 point 7) per litre compare that to your local gas price and you'll see why other countries are quite happy with lower capacity, my GV is a 2.8 diesel stick shift my run around a 1.4 auto petrol and diesel is about 139.7p compared to unleaded (not lower in cost due to diesel being the 'greener fuel', total fail on the greens there).
About $8.25/gal. We're around $4/gal right now. Don't get me wrong, I'd love if I could easily buy a used car that gets extremely good gas mileage. But "good gas mileage" here for a used car means around 20-30mpg.

---- that ----. I'll stick to my ford v8 engines. I couldn't imagine driving around in some piece of ---- 1.6L rice burner car.

That's a little bit of a silly statement considering Nissan easily brought a 2.0L up to nearly 300HP, and the aftermarket tuning fans have brought it much higher. And you can get that engine I linked to with around 30,000mi for about $800 in the US.

a dream is just a goal that you havent set in action. stop wishing, get off your asses and go do somethin got make your "dream" a reality. just a thought

I did - others love to wrap up your dreams in red tape, usually because they're sad gits...

My dream in life is to successfully use the pick-up line "Do you wanna get naked and start the revolution?"

Back