• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

what happens to kg domain's after one year?

us-domains are free for us-citizens, but very rarely. Have a look at http://www.nic.us/

BTW what is the price for a nu-domain? I searched a lot for cc-TLDs, but found that com are cheaper most times. I can't imagine to pay for a nu-domain, if a com is cheaper.

Holy smoke. There are .us domains! I've never seen one. Why don't people use them if they're free? confused: :confused:
Don't know the lowest price fo a .nu but easyspace.com takes $30.

Would you like to have a 4th-level-domain, which is hard to remember?

http://www.nic.us/faq.html

Jane Doe in Canoga Park, CA = jane-doe.canoga-park.ca.us

Bob's Shoe Shop in Toledo, OH = bobs-shoe-shop.toledo.oh.us

City Hall in New Orleans, LA = ci.new-orleans.la.us

Monroe School District in MT = monroe.k12.mt.us

Ooops! Didn't read too good. Worse than our .pp.se. :p
Just curious, is this thing new or have they always been there?

.us domains have always been there, but the naming structure is so heinous that no one really gets one other than for a novelty... (www.alexia.phoenix.az.us)... Mainly government agencies (i.e.: cities, states...) use them. There's been talk of restructuring them... (i.e.: having .co.us, etc.), but nothing's come about so far.

BTW... If anyone's interested, www.registerus.com is the best place to get one.

Forget it. They cost an arm and a leg. I haven't searched for an international registrar that register them. It's possible it's cheaper outside Sweden. There are companies here that gladly bill dumbers $100-200 and more to get a .com for them.

They probably won't expire at all, because nobody would be fighting over *.*.kg's, so there's no point in expiring. ;)

In general, you are right probably, but did you see who owns microsoft.com/net/org.kg, while microsoft.kg is clear. Is there a way to check, which domains belong to a pid?

BTW I found another funny thing:

Domain MICROSOFT.KG
Record created: Tue Jan 16 10:31:46 2001
Record expires on Sat Oct 27 23:59:00 2001

I wouldn't register Microsoft anything anywhere. The name probably protected by the laws of every country on earth. Check billgates.*.kg...I didn't dare to take them. :D

I think they just give out *.*.kg free so that .kg becomes a better known extension. I would like to think they also do it from som alturistic point of view to allow further free access to the web for individuals/orgs that cannot afford to register do not have a credit card or are in other ways excluded from the main stream .com world. Anyhow I think they are pretty cool and that it is a shame such practices are not more wide spread on the web. *.*.ru are to difficult to register with all this needing a passport stuff kg has it about right

BTW what is the price for a nu-domain? I searched a lot for cc-TLDs, but found that com are cheaper most times. I can't imagine to pay for a nu-domain, if a com is cheaper.

Albert -

A .nu domain costs $60 for two years, $85 for three years, $110 for four, $130 for five, and $250 for six.

Check out NuNames.Nu for more information.

Hope that helps :)

I'm still the one who brought up the oldest. One of the first ones ever made on the FWS section.

Back