• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What editor do you use??????

Why do you want a WYSIWYG editor? I'm assuming this because you suggested Dreamweaver in your post. I'd rather type the HTML myself, but that's just me.

FRONTPAGE VS. DREAMWEAVER

Depends on how much of a HTML expert you are. I agreed with Mandrake because you can preview in FrontPage; but then again, so can Dreamweaver.

Frontpage is use for all levels. If you are just starting out, frontpage is the best. Frontpage has alot more features than dreamweaver. Though you might see some difference when you start adding your own codes.

DreamWeaver is for the advanced programmer HTML. People who uses this software are very knowledgable in the website industry. Dreamweaver is cut and dry if you know what I mean.

Re: FRONTPAGE VS. DREAMWEAVER

Originally posted by advantagecity
Depends on how much of a HTML expert you are. I agreed with Mandrake because you can preview in FrontPage; but then again, so can Dreamweaver.

Mandrake isn't talking about FrontPage, he's talking about Evrsoft's 1st Page 2000.

Frontpage is use for all levels. If you are just starting out, frontpage is the best. Frontpage has alot more features than dreamweaver. Though you might see some difference when you start adding your own codes.

FrontPage SUCKS! It is the WORST way to learn HTML because it will end up screwing your pages up in NetScape and you will later have to refine your skills to work in NetScape. DO NOT USE FRONTPAGE, EVER.

DreamWeaver is for the advanced programmer HTML. People who uses this software are very knowledgable in the website industry. Dreamweaver is cut and dry if you know what I mean.

I've used it, I don't like it. However, if you're gonna use one, use this one.

I have tried both Front Page and Dreamweaver. I didn't like either of them. I prefer my little old notepad and preview as I go along in a browser. If I "had" to use a wysiwyg, to save time for example, I would choose FP over DW simply for ease of use. DW is not "newbie user" friendly :(

My mistake...

My mistake on Mandrake comment on 1st Page 2000 instead I mentioned frontpage.(Sorry Nick) The bottom line is notepad is the best if you have nothing to do beside designing.

See I use all kinds of software when I designed websites. You will have to when you got a lot on your hands. These are the softwares that usually use on a daily basis.

* dreamweaver - When I use more technical codes.
* frontpage - When I would do a simple webpage.
* flash 4 & 5 - When I get involved with flashkit creative team crew
* photoshop - For all graphics
* Illustrator - For technical graphics
* director - For shockwave games
* Swift3D - For vector art in flash

Hmm..lot of software there. You must be a serious designer. I mean, I have a whole lot more, but legally?....

Notepad doesn't give you enough power. I like the extended Find/Replace feature of manytext based HTML editor programs. Say you want to change a link to home.html instead of index.html. Just fill in the two fields, select "In Folder", check "include subfolder", then click "go". A few seconds later, any page with that instance gets changed, and all is good. Then just upload every single page again, and you're done. A lot easier than using notepad to edit every single page.

1st Page 2000 When I am designing then Notepad when I just want to do minor changes or just fix it up.

I don't do pictures cause I suck at them :(
but I do try, I have the gimp and that is pertty cool, just need to learn how to use it :(

Anybody ever used EditPlus? Seems nice... I'm gonna start using it soon, and unless I'm getting problems with it, I won't likely switch back to Editpad and CuteHTML, which I must admit, rather sucks.

I always create the base of al my page in frontpage EXPRESS. Then I edit everything in notepad.
I use express cause i don't have the money to buy something bigger.

i use notepad.
cutehtml is fairly cool, although it tends to **** up on occasions (especially when replacing) but it'll replace an instance in every single page... I might check out Editplus

anyone ever heard of HTML-Edit or HTML Validator?

If you don't want to pay, check out my thread - AceHTML. It is free, and has a ton of cool features!

Back