• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What do people expect for nothing these days?

Originally posted by rao
every one is a newbie and non-proffessional when he/she starts...

no one is a born-webmaster knowing php/perl etc

they keep on testing and trying...and what do u know...theymay own another Yahoo.com one day ;)
Well, I learned one programming language at a time. Most of the people who are asking for ASP, PHP, Perl, or whatever don't even know that they are a programming language. All they know is that it's necessary for whatever message board their want to host.

Originally posted by conkermaniac
Well, I learned one programming language at a time. Most of the people who are asking for ASP, PHP, Perl, or whatever don't even know that they are a programming language. All they know is that it's necessary for whatever message board their want to host.

...Whahaha... :biggrin2:

Whatever the requirements say on the back of a Invision Board or a PHPBB or whatever... that's what they want in a free host. They want to host a hopeless message board which would get nowhere in a free host. We all know that all the recent requests here at FWS are for PHP and MySQL just so that they can set up a poxy BBS.

It's a trend nowadays... people want it because there's the joy of becoming an administrator of a forum, the joys of adding useless hacks and mods to a forum which no one will ever use on a free host. You hear people whinging about a free remotely hosted forum not allowing you to add hacks for PHPBB or an IBF... like InvisionFree...

Today, it's all about message boards and nuke scripts... is it really that cool to have one nowadays? They make it hard for themselves because they want to host some unneccessary script. :biggrin2:

Originally posted by Matt8
It is estimated that by the end of the this year there will be 41 billion websites. 39 billion of those 41 will be useless personal pages.

Yeah, but at least some of us pay for the priviledge of having a useless personal page ;) Perhaps that's why they want the world for free because they KNOW their page is useless and so they don't want to pay for it :biggrin2:

Well I got the free hosting request that beat all yesterday. This guy emailed me asking for 80 GB BW and 10 GB Space 50 MYSQLs and various other things including alot of emails. It goes without saying I turned him down because I wouldn't offer this package for any less than $50.00/month. People expect too much for free, take what you get or pay.

I agree with conkermniac, it would have been so easy for that person to change the prefix file name for every one of them. No one needs that many MySQL DBs.

Last edited:
Originally posted by D MaN
Well I got the free hosting request that beat all yesterday. This guy emailed me asking for 80 GB BW and 10 GB Space 50 MYSQLs and various other things including alot of emails. It goes without saying I turned him down because I wouldn't offer this package for any less than $50.00/month. People expect too much for free, take what you get or pay.
need 10GB? what does he want to do? maybe he thinks 80gb equal to 80mb. some guys just waste of free space .

Last edited:
This reminds me of myself about four/five years ago when I used to search the net for(exact words) "free unlimited space cgi perl *insert 1000 other features here*" because I thought having UBB(UBB was the king of BBS back then) was sooooooo cool and I wanted one. Then I found some websites and I learned that I should invest in paid hosting if I'm serious about having a website and and I finally decided to pay.

Back